By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

Using 69k, Wii U would be down YoY worldwide in October here. That also doesn't account for over tracking in Europe/ROTW.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network

Wii U needs a price cut badly, just to try and save anything that can be saved.

Welfare said:
Using 69k, Wii U would be down YoY worldwide in October here. That also doesn't account for over tracking in Europe/ROTW.

Hmm? did 50k last year in the US so up 19k.

Still no number for console yeah, i guess last month took a toll to some members of gaf who leak the numbers, can we still able to get console numbers from them ?

TiagoCosta said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I know what you're saying, you're trying to gauge how well the games did aound it to predict how well SO did. Yeah 100k does seem a little low for 9th.

Great, it was worthy trying to explain with my limited English then. (I'm glad)

Lol yes

Around the Network
binary solo said:
shogunknight said:
Sunset Overdrive and Bayonetta didnt make it to the charts. Multiplats takes the throne, smash did good though. Driveclub is also missing, not suprising. Pretty sure November npd is going to be crushed by Advanced Warfare at no.1, GTAV at 2, Smash WiiU at 3, then Inquisition, Farcry 4 and others in the remaining top 10.

Smash Wii U must surely beat a remastered GTAV, especially as there will be an official GTAV PS4 bundle which will not count in NPD. If GTAV comes out ahead of SSB U then surely WIi U is lost in the wilderness.

Ummm No. GTAV= biggest ip and on about 3x more userbase(2 sku's). Even if its a remaster.

Seece said:
Welfare said:

Hmm? did 50k last year in the US so up 19k.

World wide

Subtract VGC current Wii U US sales from October 2014, then add 69k. It's down YoY

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

So, Wii U sales are some like 17K-18K on week?

I think you people are forgetting Pokemon

1 and 2 gta and cod, then pokemon and smash, then far cry imo. It looks like Ubi fucked up with Ass Creed.

SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR NINTENDO 3DS IS 10TH NINTENDO 3DS GAME TO SELL 1 MILLION UNITS

​Nov. 13, 2014

It’s official: Smash is a smash. Despite only being on the market for a little more than a month, Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has already sold 1.2 million combined physical and digital units in the U.S alone. The game sold more than 485,000 total units in October to become the 10th Nintendo 3DS title to sell at least 1 million units in the U.S. The Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS game is the best-selling hand-held title so far in 2014, but will face a stiff challenge to hold onto that title when the next great Pok�mon adventures – Pok�mon Omega Ruby and Pok�mon Alpha Sapphire – arrive on Nov. 21.

Wii U continues to have a very strong year. Through the first 10 months of 2014, total sales of Wii U hardware and software have increased by 47 percent and 84 percent, respectively, over the same period in 2013. Those numbers are both poised to grow with the one-two punch of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and amiibo on Nov. 21, which are then quickly joined by Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker on Dec. 5.

The full list of million-plus sellers on Nintendo 3DS in the United States is as follows:

Title
Total Units*
Mario Kart 7
3.62 million

Super Mario 3D Land
3.34 million
New Super Mario Bros. 2
2.33 million
Pok�mon X
2.11 million
Pok�mon Y
2.03 million