By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Should Stupidity Be A Bannable Offense?

Well?

Yes. 70 51.09%

No. 67 48.91%

Total:137

No. The "stupidity" in some of the posts that I have seen on this site is one of the reasons that I keep coming back,lol. It would be removing a part of VGC's soul!

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network
JazzB1987 said:

Dont bann them put a big VGChartz IDIOT "sticker" on top of their profile picture for a week and make it clicky so people can be redirected to the post that triggered the sticker when they click on it.

Look at my profile pic :)

This would be similar to GAF's titles beneath usernames. Just used for one person vs. identifiers.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Who's judging? You? LOL

DJEVOLVE said:
Who's judging? You? LOL

People who don't read the OP or even take a second to think about the title are under this umbrella.

Not really... There are tons of people that are new to the site who dont know how sales work so them saying odd things might sound stupid to veterans but it might be cause they don't know any better rather then just them being stupid. They could also be very  optimistic so banning people for making a "stupid" comment basically results to an unwelcoming community imo

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

we all say stupid things now and then and while some say stupid things for the luls others really mean what they say but I don't see it as bannable.

people who want to engage in a discussion with that person are free to do so even if it is rather pointless sometimes. as long as it's not offensive then I don't see why a person should get banned or even warned. I mean what would a mod say to that person? "pleas sir be smart next time you predict"?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

NintendoPie said:
DJEVOLVE said:
Who's judging? You? LOL

People who don't read the OP or even take a second to think about the title are under this umbrella.

So you go and call me Stupid. The question still remains, so who is doing the altimate judging? The mods, so anything can be considered stupid, like the thread you just made. Op your banned..

The Idea is exactly what you claim others to be doing, You clearly have not put enough thought into the politics or practices like this, People would be unjustly banned all the time.

Everybody would be banned here then:D Yes.... including me. Everybody plays the fool at some time or another.

DJEVOLVE said:

So you go and call me Stupid. The question still remains, so who is doing the altimate judging? The mods, so anythind can be considered stupid, like the thread you just made. Op your banned..

The Mods would obviously be making the decision, but why would that open up anything to be stupid? My thread wouldn't be considered stupid in this case because it was the founding for a newfound rule. (Although I obviously don't believe a rule will be made, possibly in vein.)

Mods would do what they do now; meddle among themselves to solve a problem. I'm guessing they go by popular vote so, if in popular vote, something is deemed stupid (like the example in my OP) then the poster would get a warning for being out of line.

Again, obviously, this won't happen, but I had to answer you because you were misleading yourself. Mod decisions are, hopefully, not that simple.

Edit: And I must point out again what forest-spirit said; there's some serious problems with people baiting in the word of "not knowing better."

noname2200 said:
If stupidity was bannable, we'd have almost no members. And I can't be banned: I have no other places to go!!!

This