By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Should Stupidity Be A Bannable Offense?

Well?

Yes. 70 51.09%

No. 67 48.91%

Total:137
Wright said:

I disagree.

We can make an exception for your posts, Wright.

Around the Network

Truth to be told. I never been very active on the forums. But recently my annoyance of stupidity and complete ignorance of some members have drove me out of my higher values (being very respectful and calm). Stupidity is not being able to understand and process facts / data / founded ideas for many different reasons.

With that being said, if calling someone stupid wasn't a bannable offense, stupid people themselves would be the ones who call others stupid all the time out of their feeling of inferiority.

NintendoPie said:

We can make an exception for your posts, Wright.

You're just mad that I was right about MK8 being the least-selling MK game of the franchise.

If being stupid was bannable, most of the posters on these forums would be gone. The problem is that even the smartest people in the world can look at the same set of facts and come to mostly different conclusions. Knowing that, how do we know that some of the people are stupid or are they geniuses that just think differently.

I do know that there are a few people on these forums that I always thought were smart and understood most of the information here. And then you read their thoughts on a topic and leave thinking someone else must have taken over their identity.

It is near the end of the end....

RCTjunkie said:

And it isn't the fault of the stupid people for the derail. I've seen people ignore post and continue the conversation no problem. Anyone who responds or engages them is the problem. 

"It all started when he hit me back..."

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
RCTjunkie said:

And it isn't the fault of the stupid people for the derail. I've seen people ignore post and continue the conversation no problem. Anyone who responds or engages them is the problem. 

"It all started when he hit me back..."

The stupid person didnt throw the first hit. The user that responds and is the first name caller and first to hit. 

If you were truly smart,  you would be able to articulate a way to show a user's stupidity without outright saying it and being rude. But responding to stupid posts in the first place leads to the derailment and the smarter person should be responsible from engaging in that. 

Dont bann them put a big VGChartz IDIOT "sticker" on top of their profile picture for a week and make it clicky so people can be redirected to the post that triggered the sticker when they click on it.

Look at my profile pic :)

The irony of this thread is not lost on me.

JazzB1987 said:

Dont bann them put a big VGChartz IDIOT "sticker" on top of their profile picture for a week and make it clicky so people can be redirected to the post that triggered the sticker when they click on it.

Look at my profile pic :)

That would be amazing.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

atomicblue said:
The irony of this thread is not lost on me.

You wouldn't be suggesting anything about the OP would you?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive