By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What's Up With The Loser Mentality for XBO (Coming from a sports player)?

1st place marketshare means little to me. Being successful on the other hand matters to me as something needs to be successful to continue. Thankfully XBO is selling well and trending above both X360 and PS3's first year. And while it isnt selling as well as the record breaking PS4 im ok with that.

Xbox One has excellent games ive enjoyed and a bright future. Im more than happy with it so i cant really say much more.

@GotBoth - Opinionated doesnt equal facts. After all you said "since better is subjective" you should remember that in your posts as well

Around the Network
CDiablo said:
There are like 3 XBox fans on this site. Let them have their "victory". Those 3 fans are relentlessly getting shit upon by PS fans on this site non-stop. Anytime any positive XBox news gets posted on this site or many others Sony fans flock to shit on it. This "victory" will be shit upon as well. In much larger numbers. Now ask your self who are the real losers.

The real loser mentality is being a fanboy of a company thats only goal is to separate you from your money.

So Sony and Microsoft fans both have the loser mentality? I think life in general is competitive, being a fan does not make you a loser. Being happy as a loser makes you a loser. Its healthy and even enjoyable to have MS vs. Sony, Apple vs. Samsung, Lakers vs. Celtics.  You can be suggesting being a rabbit fan is bad??? Its a part of life but when you are losing you accept it, when you are winning you celebrate it.

GotBoth said:
Sharpryno said:

This is not a competition between fans. We are happy with the Xbox One because it continues to improve. UI is faster than the 360s now along with more features. And MS has the games on lock 

Microsoft has Halo and Forza (the real Forza).  All other games are overrated or average.  I think it has been a lock in gaming circles that Sony has at least higher quality exclusives (since better is subjective).

Opinions, opinions friend.

We could be here talking about quality of games that's another story. I imagine you're not a fan of Xbox products.

Sharpryno said:
GotBoth said:

You can't be serious.  My teams didn't lose all year long, and youve been doing competive sports and you were celebrating hard after one win during a losing streak? yeah right. But this thread isn't about liking one more, its about sales and sales only and why Xbox ONLY fans are so happy about potentially winning US.

Why do you think they are 'happy' about it?  They are just guessing.  

Its almost like the more the PS4 sells, the happier it makes you.  How does that benefit you in life in anyway to make you happy. 

What? I'm happy out PS4 sales?  I sure am.  I would also be happy is Xbox was winning, and asking the same question if sony was losing and all their fans acted like one month is LTD sales LOL

I think the whole problem is thinking this is a game fans play and win or lose. Fans wars are not beneficial in any way to anyone. Dont do fan wars, do gamer parties. We are all gamers and we can all enjoy games besides the brand next to them.
We all have this capability, its sad that so many prefer to play the fan wars and flame each other in something that they have no power to decide. Its a pointless effort.

Around the Network
GotBoth said:
Sharpryno said:

This is not a competition between fans. We are happy with the Xbox One because it continues to improve. UI is faster than the 360s now along with more features. And MS has the games on lock 

Microsoft has Halo and Forza (the real Forza).  All other games are overrated or average.  I think it has been a lock in gaming circles that Sony has at least higher quality exclusives (since better is subjective).

Sony is largely considered to have the higher quality exclusives, but historically it is third party games/multi-platform games that move consoles.  In Gen7 Xbox was the "Call of Duty/Madden" machine.  If you played those, chances are you had a 360.  Neither of those are exclusive games (exclusive downloadable content not included) and yet they were viewed as the system movers.

To address your initial point - the majority of Xbox fans, historically, are US citizens.  That is and always has been the largest install base for MS consoles.  For the most part, the US citizen only gives a damn about what happens in the US.  Keeping with your sports theme here, the "World Series" of baseball doesn't include anyone outside the US.  The "world championship" for the NBA is played only among North American teams.  The Superbowl is considered Football's "world championship" despite it also just being a US thing.  When your core fan's mentality is only concerned with one region, you are perceived as only caring about one region.  When it is your home region, you work real hard to get that as well.  So I don't think it is a loser mentality but more an American mentality.

thx1139 said:
Nearly every single extra sale the remainder of the year is taking away a potential PS4 purchaser this year or next year. Also extra sales this year increase the probability that someones friend, neighbor, family member will stop by for whatever reason and give the X1 a try and go damn I like it. Thus increasing the probability they purchase an X1 in the future. Also the added sales that the X1 gets this year will increase investments in software by MS and others for the X1 platform. Also the added sales at the $50 lower price point increases the likelihood that MS will keep the price at that level in 2015. Finally 2014 results overall do not predict 2015 results. So just because PS4 won most (maybe all) of 2014 doesnt mean that the PS4 will win in 2015.

Everything you said is true about PS4 as well.  Every PS sold will mean more PSs sold.  But we don't know if either statements are true.  And the taking one PS4 out of hands if someone buys and X1 is insane.  Most early adopters own both I would think.

Nem said:
I think the whole problem is thinking this is a game fans play and win or lose. Fans wars are not beneficial in any way to anyone. Dont do fan wars, do gamer parties. We are all gamers and we can all enjoy games besides the brand next to them.
We all have this capability, its sad that so many prefer to play the fan wars and flame each other in something that they have no power to decide. Its a pointless effort.

GotBoth said:

I think life in general is competitive, being a fan does not make you a loser. Being happy as a loser makes you a loser.

I'd hate to be your kid lol

But chill out man, life is more than winning and celebrating. Don't you think that whatever makes you feel good should be celebrated? All this is your opinion, is your opinion the only thing that matters to you in life? Because you have the "winning" mentality? All this thread has nothing to do with either Sony vs MS... the more I read your posts the more I realise you have a problem and it might come from the way you were thought how to do sports... please don't teach to children.

GotBoth said:
Sharpryno said:
GotBoth said:

You can't be serious.  My teams didn't lose all year long, and youve been doing competive sports and you were celebrating hard after one win during a losing streak? yeah right. But this thread isn't about liking one more, its about sales and sales only and why Xbox ONLY fans are so happy about potentially winning US.

Why do you think they are 'happy' about it?  They are just guessing.  

Its almost like the more the PS4 sells, the happier it makes you.  How does that benefit you in life in anyway to make you happy. 

What? I'm happy out PS4 sales?  I sure am.  I would also be happy is Xbox was winning, and asking the same question if sony was losing and all their fans acted like one month is LTD sales LOL

Idk, ps3 and 360 sold 80+ million.  But in no way does that make me happy in life.  Are you sure you're in college? 

This is a battle between two companies, not fans. Fans are not competiting so I am not sure what this loser mentality is.  Maybe you just chose your words wrong?