By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What's Up With The Loser Mentality for XBO (Coming from a sports player)?

Let me get back to you in about 7 years, when it actually matters.

Around the Network

I think you got it wrong here man. No one is filling water cooler for November and December.
Everybody is happy about X1 sales surge. No one can have a competitive mind if they're not competing.
In this case you should be evaluating MS that's doing everything to come out on top.

They're making their console desirable again and they're doing a fine job at it. Retailers and consumers are responding very well to sales stimulation.

This is not a competition between fans. We are happy with the Xbox One because it continues to improve. UI is faster than the 360s now along with more features. And MS has the games on lock 

GotBoth said:

I know these forums are really strict so I will make this as unmoderating worthy as possible but I have a question?

What's up with Xbox Fans Loser Mentality?

I played competitive sports at a high level (region 5A Georgia) and moterately high level (D-2 in college).  If we were losing ALL YEAR and beat a Sorry Team Once or Twice, we WERE NOT HAPPY AND CLAPPING HANDS AND BRAGGING after those games.

So why are XBO fans so happy about the potential to win Nov and Dec, and then get markedly outsold again next year until November, December?  And not only that, I doubt it will win worldwide ANY WEEK? So winning US is now like winning a championship (being overall sells leader)?

My coach called that a loser mentality.  I agreed and still believe that today. By the way since Destiny won't be interesting again until Dec. 9th and Driveclub has issues I play my XBO MUCH MORE than my PS4 at the moment so don't dare call me a fan boy.  During the recent by 2 get 1 deal at target I got 6 xbox games. My gamer tag is PoonieG4 for those interested.  This is my first Xbox and i love it.

What you are saying makes no sense. If you look at the [big picture], it is the Sony fans that have the loser mentality because they are celebrating on the deck of the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.

GotBoth said:
KLXVER said:
The WiiU will beat them both in sales in Bulgaria on December 12th between 6pm and 6.22pm...

Why does everyone on here insist on being funny men/women? I rarely comment on here because I like to read and analyze, I don't need the enjoyment of making someone I don't see laugh or being right about sales with people I don't even know.  But some folks seem as though this is their entire social life.

I will follow your lead on this point.

Around the Network

I think that the small/short win can hopefully lead into something bigger.

If you think about last gen where PS3 was losing to 360 for many straight years, but then look at the results of it now.

There are like 3 XBox fans on this site. Let them have their "victory". Those 3 fans are relentlessly getting shit upon by PS fans on this site non-stop. Anytime any positive XBox news gets posted on this site or many others Sony fans flock to shit on it. This "victory" will be shit upon as well. In much larger numbers. Now ask your self who are the real losers.

The real loser mentality is being a fanboy of a company thats only goal is to separate you from your money.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

GotBoth said:

I know these forums are really strict so I will make this as unmoderating worthy as possible but I have a question?

What's up with Xbox Fans Loser Mentality?

I played competitive sports at a high level (region 5A Georgia) and moterately high level (D-2 in college).  If we were losing ALL YEAR and beat a Sorry Team Once or Twice, we WERE NOT HAPPY AND CLAPPING HANDS AND BRAGGING after those games.

So why are XBO fans so happy about the potential to win Nov and Dec, and then get markedly outsold again next year until November, December?  And not only that, I doubt it will win worldwide ANY WEEK? So winning US is now like winning a championship (being overall sells leader)?

My coach called that a loser mentality.  I agreed and still believe that today. By the way since Destiny won't be interesting again until Dec. 9th and Driveclub has issues I play my XBO MUCH MORE than my PS4 at the moment so don't dare call me a fan boy.  During the recent by 2 get 1 deal at target I got 6 xbox games. My gamer tag is PoonieG4 for those interested.  This is my first Xbox and i love it.

But November amd December are the most important months, usually selling as much as the rest of the year combined.

Using your sports analogy, it's like being an average NBA team, winning some and getting slaughtered most of the time, finishing with a 36-46 record and barely squeaking into the 8th playoff position, then showing up in the playoffs and ending up the champs. While the team that dominated 66-16 gets knocked out in the first round....

It's not about celebrating an occasional victory, it's about winning when it matters...

Off-topic: Which Div.2 school? I used to play at Jacksonville State back in the day when they were ) D-II, they are now I-AA (FCS in football).

Jazz2K said:
Are you serious? MS may be "losing" sales wise to Sony but we as gamers we win because of all the effort they put in their games. Frankly I like what Xbox is offering more than what others have to offer game wise. I think it's more the bad winner mentality that should be questionned (from all sides that is)

I've been doing sports all my life and if you couldn't cheer up after a victory, no wonder you lost all year long.

You can't be serious.  My teams didn't lose all year long, and youve been doing competive sports and you were celebrating hard after one win during a losing streak? yeah right. But this thread isn't about liking one more, its about sales and sales only and why Xbox ONLY fans are so happy about potentially winning US.

GotBoth said:
Jazz2K said:
Are you serious? MS may be "losing" sales wise to Sony but we as gamers we win because of all the effort they put in their games. Frankly I like what Xbox is offering more than what others have to offer game wise. I think it's more the bad winner mentality that should be questionned (from all sides that is)

I've been doing sports all my life and if you couldn't cheer up after a victory, no wonder you lost all year long.

You can't be serious.  My teams didn't lose all year long, and youve been doing competive sports and you were celebrating hard after one win during a losing streak? yeah right. But this thread isn't about liking one more, its about sales and sales only and why Xbox ONLY fans are so happy about potentially winning US.

Why do you think they are 'happy' about it?  They are just guessing.  

Its almost like the more the PS4 sells, the happier it makes you.  How does that benefit you in life in anyway to make you happy.