By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What's Up With The Loser Mentality for XBO (Coming from a sports player)?

GotBoth said:
Deeds said:
GotBoth said:

I know these forums are really strict so I will make this as unmoderating worthy as possible but I have a question?

What's up with Xbox Fans Loser Mentality?

I played competitive sports at a high level (region 5A Georgia) and moterately high level (D-2 in college).  If we were losing ALL YEAR and beat a Sorry Team Once or Twice, we WERE NOT HAPPY AND CLAPPING HANDS AND BRAGGING after those games.

So why are XBO fans so happy about the potential to win Nov and Dec, and then get markedly outsold again next year until November, December?  And not only that, I doubt it will win worldwide ANY WEEK? So winning US is now like winning a championship (being overall sells leader)?

My coach called that a loser mentality.  I agreed and still believe that today. By the way since Destiny won't be interesting again until Dec. 9th and Driveclub has issues I play my XBO MUCH MORE than my PS4 at the moment so don't dare call me a fan boy.  During the recent by 2 get 1 deal at target I got 6 xbox games. My gamer tag is PoonieG4 for those interested.  This is my first Xbox and i love it.

What you are saying makes no sense. If you look at the [big picture], it is the Sony fans that have the loser mentality because they are celebrating on the deck of the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.

When you win, you celebrate.  How is that loser mentality? AND MY POST DOESNT MAKE SENSE????

You are an American like me right? You are aware of GM right? I've had run-ins with people/fanboys who a far more obnoxious than the people here and I will tell you what you are describing as the loser mentality does not apply to Xbox fans because even though the Xbox may be struggling in the rest of the world, the company who is backing it (Microsoft) isn't. I remember GM fans celebrating on the GMI forums that the Silverado outsold the Camry [even] while GM was getting its teeth kicked in everywhere else and the company was falling apart. [All they would focus on is the Silverado's sales]. When GM went bankrupt, they all scattered like roaches and vanished from the internet only to resurface after the bailout. Again, look at the big picture and you will see that it is Sony fans who have the loser mentality, because Sony is more than just Playstation. Keep in mind that this is coming from somebody who has absolutely no interest whatsoever in Xbox.

If you you refuse the look the big picture and cant see the forest for the trees, then you are a fanboy that cant be helped. ;).

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Ohhhhh you... IMO I hate second place or consolation trophies lol

Better second than dead!

Born losers tend to celebrate small gains. Xbox was last. 360 was last and now their small gain is beating the Wii U to finish the gen is second place. SO they celebrate their small gain.

~ Mod Edit ~

This user was moderated by TruckOSaurus.

Hmm, I don't see where Xbone won anything at all. Are people celebrating their imaginations or what? Halo MCC came out and is broken. I see the updated sales and PS4 sold about 300K vs Xbones 150k. What is this about exactly?

Wright said:

Better second than dead!

I prefer dead

Not

Around the Network
method114 said:
Areym said:
I like how you have to PROVE to us you are not a fanboy, like anybody really gives a damn or you're scared of people on the internet. Just state your opinion mate.

OT: You gotta pick your battles. Who knows? A strong holiday and keeping the "limited" price drop may create real momentum and turn the tides, as unlikely as that may sound.

Don't act like if he didn't prove he owned an X1 that people would just accuse him of being a fanboy. I've seen it happen time and time again on forums.

It shouldn't matter to him and it would only shine a light on those petty enough to chastise him for stating his take on it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Ka-pi96 said:
Deeds said:

You are an American like me right? You are aware of GM right? I've had run-ins with people/fanboys who a far more obnoxious than the people here and I will tell you what you are describing as the loser mentality does not apply to Xbox fans because even though the Xbox may be struggling in the rest of the world, the company who is backing it (Microsoft) isn't. I remember GM fans celebrating on the GMI forums that the Silverado outsold the Camry [even] while GM was getting its teeth kicked in everywhere else and the company was falling apart. [All they would focus on is the Silverado's sales]. When GM went bankrupt, they all scattered like roaches and vanished from the internet only to resurface after the bailout. Again, look at the big picture and you will see that it is Sony fans who have the loser mentality, because Sony is more than just Playstation. Keep in mind that this is coming from somebody who has absolutely no interest whatsoever in Xbox.

If you you refuse the look the big picture and cant see the forest for the trees, then you are a fanboy that cant be helped. ;).

GM is a car manufacturer right? Are there really fanboys for car manufacturers? Seems a really odd thing to fanboy for

Automobile fanboys are the most obnoxious, delusional and disgusting fanboys on the internet by FAR.

Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:
Born losers tend to celebrate small gains. Xbox was last. 360 was last and now their small gain is beating the Wii U to finish the gen is second place. SO they celebrate their small gain.

You might want to check your facts before you post things like that.

Xbox wasn't last, it was 2nd out of 4. It beat both the Gamecube and the Dreamcast.

OK so it went from 2nd to last to 2nd. So if they release another they finish last! Possible if both MS and SOny are the only ones to make a next gen console. 

Wasn't the PS3 in 3rd place for the majority of last gen? I wasn't on the site for that time but were PS fans rejoicing at any small victory? Where was the OP all those years to condemn them? Aren't there some on here who still fight to see if the PS3 will eventually take the number 1 spot for last gen? How dare they celebrate any milestone as long as they are not in first place!

In all seriousness, things can go either way for Sony and MS for the remainder of this gen. So Sony had a good first year, maybe the price drop and bundles for MS start to level the playing field. Maybe Sony stays ahead but only at a much smaller lead than they have now.

Besides MS is much more successful as a company than Sony will ever be, so Sony beats MS in one division out of dozens and meanwhile continues to fail overall while MS posts record profits each quarter. At the rate it's going Sony might not even be around to the long run to compete in the console race if they get their shit together. What company would you honestly rather work for/invest in, Sony or MS?

I would rather take part in a world record. It is something that I'll have when this talked about later.

Like; "Where were you when we landed on the moon?" or something trajjiect like when Kenedy was shot.

We could have that record breaking moment now and a continuance of such if Sony is willing to push that PS4.