By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What's Up With The Loser Mentality for XBO (Coming from a sports player)?

Wright said:
GotBoth said:

Silver when there are over 70 something other countries is MUCH DIFFERENT from a 3 horse race.  Second place and happy is a loser mentality in that situation definitely, but I feel in all situations though. again this is from a competitive person.  If you are TRULY competitive you are not happy with second place hence a loser mentality.

Eh, I really don't care much about the overall competition or taking sides. I enjoy watching the numbers and reading the comments on VGC, but ultimately I want everyone to profit. After that, may the best win

The mentality that everyone should win is the mentality I'm talking about "a loser mentality". I'm not saying having that mentality is bad, i'm just saying as a competitive person that mentality is frowned upon. Everyone doesn't win in life, if they did we wouldn't have welfare systems etc. 

Around the Network

Nearly every single extra sale the remainder of the year is taking away a potential PS4 purchaser this year or next year. Also extra sales this year increase the probability that someones friend, neighbor, family member will stop by for whatever reason and give the X1 a try and go damn I like it. Thus increasing the probability they purchase an X1 in the future. Also the added sales that the X1 gets this year will increase investments in software by MS and others for the X1 platform. Also the added sales at the $50 lower price point increases the likelihood that MS will keep the price at that level in 2015. Finally 2014 results overall do not predict 2015 results. So just because PS4 won most (maybe all) of 2014 doesnt mean that the PS4 will win in 2015.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

GotBoth said:
Wright said:
GotBoth said:

Silver when there are over 70 something other countries is MUCH DIFFERENT from a 3 horse race.  Second place and happy is a loser mentality in that situation definitely, but I feel in all situations though. again this is from a competitive person.  If you are TRULY competitive you are not happy with second place hence a loser mentality.

Eh, I really don't care much about the overall competition or taking sides. I enjoy watching the numbers and reading the comments on VGC, but ultimately I want everyone to profit. After that, may the best win

The mentality that everyone should win is the mentality I'm talking about "a loser mentality". I'm not saying having that mentality is bad, i'm just saying as a competitive person that mentality is frowned upon. Everyone doesn't win in life, if they did we wouldn't have welfare systems etc. 

How is it a loser mentality?  It only is if you are a fanboy that wants to see video game companies fail. 

KLXVER said:
GotBoth said:
KLXVER said:
The WiiU will beat them both in sales in Bulgaria on December 12th between 6pm and 6.22pm...

Why does everyone on here insist on being funny men/women? I rarely comment on here because I like to read and analyze, I don't need the enjoyment of making someone I don't see laugh or being right about sales with people I don't even know.  But some folks seem as though this is their entire social life.

.......you must be a hoot at parties...

Not anymore. I still have a bunch of real life friends to debate this with.  As I said I was big in sports so I have a jock mentality and I'm a part of a fraternity in college so I've always been popular but thats not the point.  The point is I make post for discussion if I wanted comedy i'd go to a comedy show.

GotBoth said:

Maybe that's how you do things. At least when I was on chess tournaments here, we always came up with a system that made everyone win. Of course, Gold players had an extra, but in the end, no one went out empty-handed.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
I think you got it wrong here man. No one is filling water cooler for November and December.
Everybody is happy about X1 sales surge. No one can have a competitive mind if they're not competing.
In this case you should be evaluating MS that's doing everything to come out on top.

They're making their console desirable again and they're doing a fine job at it. Retailers and consumers are responding very well to sales stimulation.

Great response.  I like your line of thinking.  Glad to see someone actually responding in a non bitter way.  But there are still poster who are not just happy about the surge but are celebrating like XB has someone passed PS already and we don't even have numbers.  And MS themselves do have a loser mentality, I knew that when Spencer said "holiday is when it counts" - IDIOT IT COUNTS ALLLLL YEAR! You can win holiday by a few hundred thousand and then lose other 9 months by 5 million = NOT GOOD

Sharpryno said:

This is not a competition between fans. We are happy with the Xbox One because it continues to improve. UI is faster than the 360s now along with more features. And MS has the games on lock 

Microsoft has Halo and Forza (the real Forza).  All other games are overrated or average.  I think it has been a lock in gaming circles that Sony has at least higher quality exclusives (since better is subjective).

Deeds said:
GotBoth said:

I know these forums are really strict so I will make this as unmoderating worthy as possible but I have a question?

What's up with Xbox Fans Loser Mentality?

I played competitive sports at a high level (region 5A Georgia) and moterately high level (D-2 in college).  If we were losing ALL YEAR and beat a Sorry Team Once or Twice, we WERE NOT HAPPY AND CLAPPING HANDS AND BRAGGING after those games.

So why are XBO fans so happy about the potential to win Nov and Dec, and then get markedly outsold again next year until November, December?  And not only that, I doubt it will win worldwide ANY WEEK? So winning US is now like winning a championship (being overall sells leader)?

My coach called that a loser mentality.  I agreed and still believe that today. By the way since Destiny won't be interesting again until Dec. 9th and Driveclub has issues I play my XBO MUCH MORE than my PS4 at the moment so don't dare call me a fan boy.  During the recent by 2 get 1 deal at target I got 6 xbox games. My gamer tag is PoonieG4 for those interested.  This is my first Xbox and i love it.

What you are saying makes no sense. If you look at the [big picture], it is the Sony fans that have the loser mentality because they are celebrating on the deck of the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.

When you win, you celebrate.  How is that loser mentality? AND MY POST DOESNT MAKE SENSE????

V-r0cK said:
I think that the small/short win can hopefully lead into something bigger.

If you think about last gen where PS3 was losing to 360 for many straight years, but then look at the results of it now.

Good response. It potentially can.  We will see. Glad you didn't take this personal like some folks.

GotBoth said:
Jazz2K said:
Are you serious? MS may be "losing" sales wise to Sony but we as gamers we win because of all the effort they put in their games. Frankly I like what Xbox is offering more than what others have to offer game wise. I think it's more the bad winner mentality that should be questionned (from all sides that is)

I've been doing sports all my life and if you couldn't cheer up after a victory, no wonder you lost all year long.

You can't be serious.  My teams didn't lose all year long, and youve been doing competive sports and you were celebrating hard after one win during a losing streak? yeah right. But this thread isn't about liking one more, its about sales and sales only and why Xbox ONLY fans are so happy about potentially winning US.

Potentialy winning US just gives more reason for devs to put their games on X1 why shouldn't that be celebrated exactly?

Your sports mentality should be avoided realy. Cheering up for achieving something even if it's minuscule is realy important in sports. Why do you think sometimes losing teams make comebacks? It's because they want that small victory and when they get it it feels good to them. I'd rather be on a losing team that knows how to celebrate from time to time than on a losing team that takes everything with pessimism until they win most of the time.

I also think this thread deserves the why so serious Joker poster.