By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC-console building

Sharu said:
ganoncrotch said:

One thing I have to advise here, if you haven't replaced intel cpus too much make sure you watch a youtube vid about the way the pegs should be set up to go through the holes, you'll end up bending your board a lil bit if you try to force them through while they are locked open.

Tons o youtube vids on it tho.

http://youtu.be/5qczGR4KMnY?t=1m9s

Sorry if this is stuff you've done before and it's simple for ya, just had a little bother myself with my one so if you are going to have issues it will be here.

Thank you for the advice! But I'm OK in simple work with a computer, I had an experience of gathering a rig from scratch.

Ah okay like I said I didn't mean to belittle your PC building knowledge was just giving the lil bits of help I can where I ran into issues. It's cool that you were able to find one locally hope it gives a bit of a boost you want at least you'll have an idea of how much you'll need to invest to see more noticeable differences, anything beyond that type of processor is going to need you to scrap your whole PC and rebuild from scratch, only way your old build helps out there is if you find someone to buy it off you but then in the time between getting rid of your old machine for money for parts and having your new one all set up and running you'll be PC-less.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Well, coming back with some results... )
Currently i just changed my power supply block and termogel on my CPU. Strangely it gave a good boost in stability of my system.
So i tryed a Crysis 3. Currently i can run it in 1080p on Medium with FXAA with FPS jumping from 15 to 30. Putting it to 900p/fxaa i getting fps in a range of 30-45, so its a decently playable on my rig. Microsoft was smart after all, cause 900p with AA looks almost like 1080p with AA and better then 1080p/no AA.
720p looks terrible with the same settings, even increasing AA isn't helps.

Well, it seems I can put a E5440 (Xeon) into my MB. Will get it today for cheap and will see, what can 4core CPU do on my system! )))

kristianity77 said:
For a start, gaming at 720p, 4GB Ram is totally fine.

GTX750 Ti would be a decent card for 720 gaming. And wouldn't necessarily require you to get a new PSU to support it.

Regards to CPU I'm not sure. First off, upgrade the video card and then test a few games and see where you are at. But for "only" 720p on a PC, I doubt your too far off the mark already if you upgrade your video card.

Perfect card. Get this. If you're not going 1080p then anything more is overkill. Also PCIe slot powered? Yes please.

Sharu said:
Well, it seems I can put a E5440 (Xeon) into my MB. Will get it today for cheap and will see, what can 4core CPU do on my system! )))

Wow, installed the thing. Crysis 3 had problems with jumping framerates for me, also gpu and both cpus at e7500 was at 100% load.

Now with e5440 i can play it on medium with textures on high in 1600x900 with a stable 45-50 fps rate. And I got gpu load on 70%, cpus on 70-80. Thanks to everybody who adviced me to change a cpu first. The investment of around 30 euros was totally worth it! )))