By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DF Performance Analysis: Assassin's Creed Unity

Those low end CPUs already seem to be causing problems.

That said, it's Ubisoft...

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Lawl, this game man, this game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms6PXEpA4PM

24 FPS = true cinematic experience.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

hinch said:
Puppyroach said:
So, did the whole "parity" thing had to do with them trying to get the PS4 version to reach the level of the X1 version? That would be kind of interesting if true :).

Snarky remarks aside.. I'd be more inclined to think that the Xbox One is the lead platform for AC:Unity and PS4 version a rush port job, (just like on PC) than that. Seems more like poor optimisations from Ubisoft, if anything.

i hightly doubt that. (engine) developers don´t develop for 1 platform to suddently port it to another (at least not anymore). developers program their engine, so that it is multiplatform compatible and optimize  for each platform respectively.

the "game" developers who use the given engine make the best game they can out of it. this doesn´t mean the decissions they made were great. it´s just how it is. in the case of AC:U the outcome was not so good unfortunately.

I saw some pics in DF.

The game looks blurry... ohhhh how it looks blurry.

But it is a ninor issue compared with everything else in this game.

KreshnikHalili said:
hinch said:
Puppyroach said:
So, did the whole "parity" thing had to do with them trying to get the PS4 version to reach the level of the X1 version? That would be kind of interesting if true :).

Snarky remarks aside.. I'd be more inclined to think that the Xbox One is the lead platform for AC:Unity and PS4 version a rush port job, (just like on PC) than that. Seems more like poor optimisations from Ubisoft, if anything.

i hightly doubt that. (engine) developers don´t develop for 1 platform to suddently port it to another (at least not anymore). developers program their engine, so that it is multiplatform compatible and optimize  for each platform respectively.

the "game" developers who use the given engine make the best game they can out of it. this doesn´t mean the decissions they made were great. it´s just how it is. in the case of AC:U the outcome was not so good unfortunately.

Well, yeah. That much is obvious. I just meant that X1 is probably the lead platform for the game. And less resources/time went to other platforms.

Around the Network

Hat to be eaten. There is a Xb one version of a multiplat that is superior to PS4 version.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Hat to be eaten. There is a Xb one version of a multiplat that is superior to PS4 version.

Not a good game to have "won" preformance wise.

Ass Creed U is on 76 on Metacritic for Xb one (where the majority of reviews are posted). Is this a low point for the series? Certainly a substantial drop from AC IV which got most reviews on PS360 with a meta of 88.

Might be a contender for "disappointing game of the year" award, along with Destiny.

Jimi Hendrix

Wazowski said:
consoles 2 year cycle confirmed:X

i don't think it's only Ubisoft to blame this time around, may the consoles aren't powerful enough for years to come?:P

dude seriously?

i will just leave this here

a fucking empty church

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

KreshnikHalili said:
the difference between the 2 systems isn´t THAT big as the internet make it out to be.
you should give developers more credit - even if the outcome isn´t always perfect. you guys have little idea of how hard it is to get a game release-ready.

your outrage is actually more worrying than the performance of the game.

just my opinion.

At the end of the day:

It's what they get paid to do.