By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread! *Greatest Games Event 2014* (The Top 500 Games Will Now Be Chosen)

brendude13 said:
Mr_No said:
brendude13 said:

Nope. :P

2nd clue:

"HEY-YA."

"Max Payne. This is futile, a waste of time. The death of your wife and daughter were necessary, inevitable, it is done."

Well done.

Did my 2nd clue really give it away? Nice job if it did.

It was the first one, but I got here too late

Around the Network

I'm way behind here... Won't have much time till friday afternoon, maybe I'll write catch-up post then on my latest additions to the list!

35 was a cross-gen game that resembled two PS2 games in different ways: it had a similar aesthetic setup to one critically-beloved game, and the playable character could become very similar to another critically-beloved game, though this game sold more than both of them, more than any in this game's franchise so far, in fact.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

This type of game (not genre) has been generally panned by critics and fans alike, but a British studio reinvented that type of game and turned it into a successful franchise.

Second tip: The main character is the only sane person locked in this place. The game's subtitle is named after said place.

Mr_No said:

This type of game (not genre) has been generally panned by critics and fans alike, but a British studio reinvented that type of game and turned it into a successful franchise.

Second tip: The main character is the only sane person locked in this place. The game's subtitle is named after said place.

Arkham Asylum?

Around the Network
Neodegenerate said:
Mr_No said:

Arkham Asylum?

Yes. That one.

Mr Khan said:
35 was a cross-gen game that resembled two PS2 games in different ways: it had a similar aesthetic setup to one critically-beloved game, and the playable character could become very similar to another critically-beloved game, though this game sold more than both of them, more than any in this game's franchise so far, in fact.

Twilight Princess? The PS2 games are Shadow of the Colossus and Okami, maybe?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Mr Khan said:

Twilight Princess? The PS2 games are Shadow of the Colossus and Okami, maybe?

Bingo.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

#36: Mega Man X (Capcom, 1994) - SNES

Even though I think the classic series are really fun games as well, I've always prefered the X series - I believe it's the faster-paced gameplay. Anyway, this one is also one of those games where there's nothing left to say, everybody has praised it to death, and I love it too (though it's not my favorite MMX game). What I do have to praise however is the soundtrack: I fucking LOVE this game's soundtrack, I find myself humming several of its songs, like Storm Eagle, Spark Mandrill or Launch Octopus. It remains the best soundtrack on the series, none of its sequels have come CLOSE to this one in that regard (which is kinda sad, admittedly).

And to this day, I'm not sure if it's Mega Man or Megaman... I've always called it Mega Man, but I don't know.

#35: depending on what city you ask, this game tasks you in killing a "planet" - the most "famous" "planet" (other than Earth, duh).

C'mon guys. I'm interested in seeing if someone can guess this game in particular!

#37: Losing a brother is far less stressful than drinking alcohol four times in a row.

New hint:

Furniture can give you heart attack.