By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Age Inquisition Review Thread - Meta 89

excellent!

Around the Network

Awesome I was getting this game either way because I loved DA2 even with all the complaints and I almost skipped it entirely. Realized I made a mistake by listening to other people.

After reading the Eurogamer review, I'll set my expectations to medium-low. Then it should not disappoint. Seems the start of the game is the worst, should get better from there.

This comes out on the 18th too ugh, GTA5, LBP3, DA:I and FC4 in one day. OUCH.

Now back to 89

HyrulianScrolls said:
89 is amazing with critics these days. Let's just hope it stays high 80's.

It's on 89 with 20 reveiws for PS4, and there are 10 and 12 reviews up for Xb one and PC respectively (albeit some double and triple ups across the platforms). Xb one meta score has been badly dragged down by the telegraph review, which has not been carried across to PS4 and PC scores. I'm thinking high 80's is pretty much a lock for this game.

Looks like Destructoid is the hardest of the critics to have reviewed this game, and they gave it an 85. Edge review will be an interesting one to see, I think it will get a 7 at best from them. Edge gave DA2 6/10, and DA:O a 5/10 (wow!). So more than 7 from them would be pretty amazing since they have don;t have a high opinion of the franchise.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
method114 said:
Awesome I was getting this game either way because I loved DA2 even with all the complaints and I almost skipped it entirely. Realized I made a mistake by listening to other people.

Damn straight! In the case of DA2 I think the metascore is a fairer reflection of the game (low 80s) than the popular opinion.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Glad to see it's doing so well!

Might have to grab it is it really is that good.

binary solo said:
method114 said:

Damn straight! In the case of DA2 I think the metascore is a fairer reflection of the game (low 80s) than the popular opinion.

Never looked at the metascore for the game but if it's in the low 80's then I agree that's a fair score. The way people talk about on forums though you would think it's was in the low 70's high 60's.

This is the game that will pull me away from Destiny for a while.

Glad to see they didn't embargo the reviews. Definitely a smart move to let the consumers have reviews ahead of time after the reception that DA2 got.