By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - [Staff] The Monthly Ban Report - October 2014: ioi Strikes Back Edition

What's the difference between trolling and flaming?

Around the Network
sweetoothj said:
My second ban was ridiculous. I stated a fact and I got banned. The first one I can see why, but the second one was uncalled for.

Complaining about moderation outside of threads for that cause are against the rules here.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

alrightiwill said:
What's the difference between trolling and flaming?

Trolling would be to mock an object normally, saying something like "The vita is shit"

Flaming would be attacking the fans of something or someone specifically, "ganoncrotch/people who love a vita is/are a moron/s for loving the vita"

Flamebaiting is another thing to be very careful of on here at times, someone starting a thread like "every vita fan is an idiot" and including an OP which has several attacks on the fanbase which obviously will gather some replies telling the OP to go shove their opinion where the sun doesn't shine and then the OP or anyone else will report the attacks on the OP, while the OP of those threads will normally get their thread locked and possibly moderated too the members who break the rules by flaming the OP in the thread still all get punished regardless of how the OP may be "asking for it"

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Oh okay, cool. Thanks. I kinda just associating with the two terms covering the same things you stated. Who knew that internet terms were so specific!

7 out of 156.

Its like I am not even here

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I think it's been 2 or 3 months since the last time i was "smeaged".....

i'm proud of myself.

Wooooooooo. I made it.

no zero, flamingweezel or blackgoku this time? Disappointed

Click HERE and be happy 

OttoniBastos said:
I think it's been 2 or 3 months since the last time i was "smeaged".....

i'm proud of myself.

wow you're like that rare case where prison actually works. Maybe you kept dropping the soap :P 

Wow, so many permabans.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54