By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Veknoid's Reviews - Interstellar

green_sky said:
SvennoJ said:
It might not be the perfect movie, but I'm not going to pass up the chance to see what might as well be the last feature length 70mm IMAX movie. I'm going tonight, hour drive to get to 1 of the two 70mm IMAX theaters that show it in Ontario.

Ya, definitely recommended. I thought all screens would be 70mm but than again i don't fully understand the tech behind that. Saw it in IMAX at Colossus Vaughan. I see now that only two theatres are the ones with 70mm, Scotiabank (Downtown) and Coliseum at Square One. 

Enjoy!

I'm going to Coliseum at Square one in tonight. Most IMAX theaters are digital now, either dual 2K projectors or recently upgraded to 4K, however those are not the norm yet. A pristine 70mm print is closer to 8K. Nolan insisted on filming on that because of it's still unrivaled quality. The list of feature length 70mm films isn't very long, and Interstellar is only the 2nd sci-fi movie next to 2001.

The tech behind it:

A great chance to view both the past and future of cinema visual quality. And something I definitely can't reproduce in my home theater :)

Around the Network

I can see why some people might not have liked it.

The film isn't necessarily fast paced, its quite long, but its building characters and slowly building the key things for later on in the movie. It mixes high action/suspense and then drops back down to a canter...

For me, I really enjoyed it, I thought it was a great movie, and really puts the message out that we should strive for better. Took my kids, they said they enjoyed it, but i am not sure they are telling the truth :D

Definitely 4/5 for me, and a definite Blu ray purchase.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Great movie! Love Nolan's work. Didn't expect to like this flick as much as I did.

I really don't agree too much with critics surrounding movies. I thought this was absolutely amazing and one of the best movies I've seen in quite some time. In comparison I thought Gravity was just alright while critics thought it was the best sci-fi movie of all time.

A return to form for Nolan for me, especially after TDKR which was such a step down from TDK and Inception. Great movie! Can't recommend it enough.

I think it was one of the best movies I have seen. Really had an impact on me. This is a movie that everyone needs to see.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Around the Network
Iveyboi said:
I think it was one of the best movies I have seen. Really had an impact on me. This is a movie that everyone needs to see.

Its one of the best of the year but i won't go as far. The lady sitting next to my friend fell asleep an hour into the movie. Another one two rows down had to constantly check her iThing. 

Ofcourse everyone doesn't mean "everyone" but i felt like ranting. I don't understand how someone can drive through the rain, spend the money and not even bother getting entertained. 

green_sky said:
Iveyboi said:

Its one of the best of the year but i won't go as far. The lady sitting next to my friend fell asleep an hour into the movie. Another one two rows down had to constantly check her iThing. 

Ofcourse everyone doesn't mean "everyone" but i felt like ranting. I don't understand how someone can drive through the rain, spend the money and not even bother getting entertained. 

I routinely fall asleep during good movies. Some people are just wired that way...if we're not moving, we're sleeping.  As far as checking her i-thing...many, many people suffer from this addiction.  Try doing one thing anymore...again, to use myself as an example...it's difficult to just partake in one form of entertainment.  Likely we're all doing 3-4 things at once (2-3 of them happen to be on our devices).  Going to a theater challenges that urge and some people don't have the "manners" to abstain.  It isn't necesarily a commentary on the film that was being watched.

Great movie, awesome IMAX experience. Try to see the 70mm version if you can. The throwback to flicker from the projector might not be for everyone, picture quality however is amazing.

No problem staying awake or focused, I wish the movie was longer. Some people were checking their screens of course, annoying. At least have the decency to dim the brightness.

Now would someone please make a movie out of Stephen Baxter's Ark, that should be possible now.

Pezzilla said:
Went to see it today and it blew my mind, I can't stop thinking about it! Going to see it again. 10/10

really pumped for this. taking the sis for her birthday this friday can't wait.

I really want to like Nolan's films(because it's cool? IDK.) but I just don't, and this will go into the list of not bad as such, but I'd rather have my 3 hours back.