By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ocarina of Time vs Marjora's Mask

Which one??

Ocarina of Time! 85 44.74%

Majora's Mask! 88 46.32%

zelda suks and i just here 2 troll 17 8.95%

Total:190

On most levels, Majora's Mask is a better game than Ocarina of Time. The story and gameplay are deeper, and despite a few stumbles near the end of the game (bottom of the well, thieve's fortress) it's probably better overall.

But I'd still give it to Ocarina because, at the end of the day, for two reasons. Firstly, despite how much it improves on Ocarina, Majora's Mask doesn't stand on its own to nearly the same extent. And second, I believe Ocarina has more charm which, for a Nintendo game, is pretty much a requirement.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network

Ocarina easily.

My top 3D console Zeldas are:

1- Ocarina
2- Wind Waker
3- Skyward Sword
4- Majora´s
5- Twilight

toot1231 said:

Easily OOT. Everyone wants to be different and picks MM though just because its the hipster pick.

Both are masterpeices but, MM feels very incomplete and way to rushed to even compete with OOT.

I picked MM, not because it is the "hipster" pick but it is because it was different and unusual, wheras OoT was a 3D version of ALttP.

Indeed both were masterpieces, but IMO OoT has aged significantly more than MM. I believe that is mainly because there haven't been many games since that give an experience like MM, wheras there have been dozens like OoT.

12 years ago I would probably have voted OoT.

HigHurtenflurst said:
toot1231 said:

Easily OOT. Everyone wants to be different and picks MM though just because its the hipster pick.

Both are masterpeices but, MM feels very incomplete and way to rushed to even compete with OOT.

I picked MM, not because it is the "hipster" pick but it is because it was different and unusual, wheras OoT was a 3D version of ALttP.

Indeed both were masterpieces, but IMO OoT has aged significantly more than MM. I believe that is mainly because there haven't been many games since that give an experience like MM, wheras there have been dozens like OoT.

And exactly what I meant.

But its ok. You prob did not play OOT when it came out.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
toot1231 said:
HigHurtenflurst said:
toot1231 said:

And exactly what I meant.

But its ok. You prob did not play OOT when it came out.

Well I understand "hipster pick" to mean someone who deliberately likes what is unpopular and shuns what is currently trending, that is not the same as simply liking something because it doesn't have as many improved/updated versions.

And I did play it when it came out (well not at launch but it was 1999), I played it all the way through in 3 consecutive days.

Around the Network

I always say that if MM didn't exist, OoT would be my favourite game of all time.

I do not like MM because it has a very small number of dungeons and the little fairies in each dungeon are too hard to find which is work instead of fun. If you hate collecting these, you miss some very important upgrades which totally ruins the game for me and I never completed it. I also hate that you need all masks in order to get to the final boss, which means that 99% of all players will never be able to finish the game.

I like the darker theme but Ocarina of Time does not have any of these huge design flaws and is a much better and more complete Zelda game with more than twice as many dungeons.

etking said:

I do not like MM because it has a very small number of dungeons and the little fairies in each dungeon are too hard to find which is work instead of fun. If you hate collecting these, you miss some very important upgrades which totally ruins the game for me and I never completed it. I also hate that you need all masks in order to get to the final boss, which means that 99% of all players will never be able to finish the game.

I like the darker theme but Ocarina of Time does not have any of these huge design flaws and is a much better and more complete Zelda game with more than twice as many dungeons.

You don't need all the masks to get to the final boss. That just unlocks another mask that makes the final boss trivial.

Im going to go with Majoras Mask. It's atmosphere was amazing and the side quests really fleshed out a world that you could care about. That and you could be a goron and zora, child me was fangamsing when I found out you could do that.

Majora's Mask is tied with Alttp as my favorite Zelda game.

Haven't played Majora's Mask so I'll tell you next year lol

I've heard from a friend (who's judgement I trust) that it's the best Zelda game of the lot.