By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo expecting first round of amiibo shipments to sell through “really quickly”

I was going to get didd kong anyway :)
I need my main!

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

I hope they do well. Its a great Christmas gift for kids and must be extremely profitable for Nintendo.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

WhiteEaglePL said:
Impossible that they won't. Some study (around e3) actually proved kids want one more than skylanders or infity.

I just hope they keep 'em shipping!

oh, don't worry. I bet they ship that stuff for ages, since it will sell like water.

I really wonder how high the demand actually is because I imagine Nintendo will sell out regardless of demand. Shipments will probably be low.

Darwinianevolution said:
If they are not very expensive, I might buy one or two. Also, do you know future 3DS games that use amiibos?

Yes, it seems as though this and next year are nintendo testing the waters with this. No doubt Pokemon and other games should support it. Nintendo even announced though releasing later a budget version of amiibos which is cards instead of figurines

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
WhiteEaglePL said:
Impossible that they won't. Some study (around e3) actually proved kids want one more than skylanders or infity.

I just hope they keep 'em shipping!

oh, don't worry. I bet they ship that stuff for ages, since it will sell like water.

Good news!!!! Water sells so much you don't even understand.

DrasticDracon said:
I really wonder how high the demand actually is because I imagine Nintendo will sell out regardless of demand. Shipments will probably will be low.

I agree - they seem to be testing the water and I. Et their initial shipments will be very low to ensure a sell out - if they are already projecting a sell out now they have time to ship more if they are inclined- I'll prob get the Smash brows w free Amibo deal at Toys r Us and see if my 8 year old is interested- since they are not specific to 1 game and the longer I wait the more I'll know how much use they will be beyond what has been announced so far, I don t see the hurry

Dunban67 said:
DrasticDracon said:
I really wonder how high the demand actually is because I imagine Nintendo will sell out regardless of demand. Shipments will probably be low.

I agree - they seem to be testing the water and I. Et their initial shipments will be very low to ensure a sell out - if they are already projecting a sell out now they have time to ship more if they are inclined- I'll prob get the Smash brows w free Amibo deal at Toys r Us and see if my 8 year old is interested- since they are not specific to 1 game and the longer I wait the more I'll know how much use they will be beyond what has been announced so far, I don t see the hurry

Good idea. I can't imagine that most people want the figurines for their actual functionality though. It certainly isn't worth the price solely for their function.

I for one, only care because I'm a Nintendo fan who loves Nintendo collector's items.

Definitely purchasing the Zeldamiibo.

The hardcore Nintendo fans will buy them in droves, the question is if they can get the kids interested. That's the real moneymaker.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!