By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eiji Aonuma Confirms Majora's Mask 3D Has Been In Development Since 2011

curl-6 said:

It does seem odd though; why would an N64 port take 4 years? Either it's a very small team or it was on hold for a while.

They rebuilt a bunch of the game as can be seen from the screen comparisons. OoT3D was built off the N64 code and this was, likely as well, but they said they were changing a good bit of the game to be a bit more intuitive (and lets be honest, MM is a very obtuse game and could use some streamlining). They've also remade a bunch of the assets and maps as can be seen in the comparison shots.

No doubt, though, its a small team on this project. Most of Aonuma's team is on Zelda U.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
ktay95 said:
Damn it curl, Im so close to beating that game and now =(
Who am I kidding I havent touched it in like a year, sidequests sucked but without them I ended up well under levelled.

It would have helped if he edited it out of the second post too.

Done. 

curl-6 said:
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:
The three day system stopped me from enjoying Majora's Mask, I just found it so frustrating and intrusive.

That's because you tend to stop for hours to soak in the landscapes.

C'mon, you can't deny its cool to look up and see a moon looming down on you. :P

I also love standing around listening to the music and just looking at things (thats why I hate Mario3DWorlds/Lands time limit so much  wtf is the purpose of it anyway not even my 3 year old nephew would die because the time runs out its just there to annoy people like me!!!!)

And well since you have a  slow-down-time-song that well obviously slows down time by 50%  you can basically  look into the moons nose twice as long.
So you basically have 6 days :)  Now its just half as frustrating isnt it :)?

Btw now that I talked about the moons nose it finally makes sense that this type of monster exists in Zelda:

Booger monsters!

mZuzek said:
RolStoppable said:

Not sure if serious...

I guess I should change my signature back to the Master Sword.

I found the sarcasm pretty obvious tbh.  Maybe he is tired you know  its 3am in australia xD

JazzB1987 said:
mZuzek said:
RolStoppable said:

Not sure if serious...

I found the sarcasm pretty obvious tbh.  Maybe he is tired you know  its 3am in australia xD

Umm what?? Its 1:17pm in the east here =P

Around the Network

So it's taking them more than the original game, seriously nintendo...

ktay95 said:
JazzB1987 said:
mZuzek said:
RolStoppable said:

Not sure if serious...

Umm what?? Its 1:17pm in the east here =P

The other Australia :)

Hiku said:
curl-6 said:

It does seem odd though; why would an N64 port take 4 years? Either it's a very small team or it was on hold for a while.

This game is being developed by Grezzo. They're a fairly small team (46 employees) and have only developed 4 games before this. One of them being OOT 3D.

Two other reasons being the two other games they worked on during the same timeframe.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

MoHasanie said:

Greetings to everyone in The Legend of Zelda community! Eiji Aonuma from Nintendo here.

Since The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D was announced during the most recent Nintendo Direct, I’ve noticed that many of you have posted your thoughts in this community. Now, I'd like to say a few words for myself about Majora’s Mask 3D, which is planned for release next spring.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D was actually in development almost immediately after we finished working on The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, which was released in June of 2011. So although we’ve been working on the game for quite some time, we didn't want to say it was being developed until we were at a point where we could proudly say that this is not going to be just another remake and that it's going to be worth your time. For a while now, when fans from Japan and around the world would ask me if we were working on a Majora's Mask remake, I would silently plead in my heart, thinking, “Please wait a bit longer!” (laughs).

We’ve spent a lot of time making sure the gameplay experience is smoother than in the original version without taking away from this unique world. I hope those that haven’t played the original game, and those of you that played it but gave up mid-way through will take this opportunity to give the new version a try.

Oh, and I should mention that we haven’t removed the distinct look and feel that are unique to this game, so it should live up to this game's Japanese catchphrase, “this Zelda has a scary vibe.” Brace yourselves for what this world has to offer! (laughs) When it's closer to its release date, I’ll talk more about what has been changed in the Nintendo 3DS version and its new features right here in this comunity, so stay tuned!

Awesome

Mystro-Sama said:
Wow... Thats a longass time. WWHD only took 6 months. Maybe because its cel-shaded? Idk.

Remember WW HD only had better shading and lighting,all the models were the same. While MM 3D has completely new models for every character and object