By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eiji Aonuma Confirms Majora's Mask 3D Has Been In Development Since 2011

ktay95 said:
Lol, but Operation Moonfall was such a success. You cant take it away from them, this must be PR BS =P

If you're talking to me, I never said Moonfall was a success. I said Rainfall likely influenced localization. Apples and oranges.

Around the Network

Loll wow, that sure is a long ass time... Like, was it like one person working on it once a week while spending most of the time fapping to fatal frame or what?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

curl-6 said:
ktay95 said:
Lol, but Operation Moonfall was such a success. You cant take it away from them, this must be PR BS =P

If you're talking to me, I never said Moonfall was a success. I said Rainfall likely influenced localization. Apples and oranges.

Not you specifically, as soon as it was announced everyone was praising operation moonfall which now according Aonuma had no influence as the game had started before OpMoon even existed

ktay95 said:
curl-6 said:
ktay95 said:

Not you specifically, as soon as it was announced everyone was praising operation moonfall which now according Aonuma had no influence as the game had started before OpMoon even existed

It does seem odd though; why would an N64 port take 4 years? Either it's a very small team or it was on hold for a while.

curl-6 said:

It does seem odd though; why would an N64 port take 4 years? Either it's a very small team or it was on hold for a while.

Well I doubt the team is more than 50 (wiki says Grezzo are 46), plus they worked on 2 small projects between OoT and MM (Four Swords and Mii Plaza game).

Even then its at least a year to two of solid dev time so Im hoping they are really fixing some of the major issues the game would have for new players moreso than they did with OoT

Around the Network

4 years in development? When the game was first made in 1 year, I hope there will be extras, maybe even some optional dungeons and master quest mode.

Remember all those times when he laughed at the people that asked him about the Majora's Mask remake a bunch of years ago? LOL Such a troll.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

smelling a master quest

Metallox said:
Remember all those times when he laughed at the people that asked him about the Majora's Mask remake a bunch of years ago? LOL Such a troll.

ktay95 said:

I saw a FB post from ZeldaInformer saying how without Moonfall, MM 3D would never have happened. Even before Aonuma said this, I knew that was BS. They're just trying to make themselves seem like they were so instrumental for this happening, but when Nintendo had all the assests after remaking OoT, why wouldn't they have remade MM?