By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eiji Aonuma Confirms Majora's Mask 3D Has Been In Development Since 2011

Did he seriously write "(laughs)" in his own Miiverse post? What a god.

If they really spent that much time remaking this game then it had better have some real improvements. I'd be happy about that, not only because it might actually result in a game I want to play, but because I could take it as an admission from Aonuma that Majora's Mask would benefit from major changes, as opposed to Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time which were both consistently well-designed in their original forms and only needed little tweaks here and there.

Please make Majora's Mask into a game I can enjoy the way I enjoy almost every other Zelda game, based Aonuma.

Around the Network

The three day system stopped me from enjoying Majora's Mask, I just found it so frustrating and intrusive.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:
The three day system stopped me from enjoying Majora's Mask, I just found it so frustrating and intrusive.

That's because you tend to stop for hours to soak in the landscapes.

C'mon, you can't deny its cool to look up and see a moon looming down on you. :P

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Loll wow, that sure is a long ass time... Like, was it like one person working on it once a week while spending most of the time fapping to fatal frame or what?

No, they actually glued an empty 3DS Game Card to the original Majora's Mask and it sat on Aonuma's desk for 3 years.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

C'mon, you can't deny its cool to look up and see a moon looming down on you. :P

Now explain how it makes any sense having infinite time with the moon crashing down like that.

Tons of games have a "the world is ending" story but give you infinite time.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Tons of games have a "the world is ending" story but give you infinite time. Xenoblade's late game for example.

Great, thanks for giving me a really nice spoiler of a game I plan on playing eventually. 
Next time, please say which game you're talking about before actually writing that down.

And it still makes no sense. Also, if you had infinite time, the moon would never actually crash down, and in fact couldn't even get closer as time passes (though it could get closer as you make progress), the whole ominous feel would be completely gone.

Sorry man, but if I said the name it would be spoiling it anyway since I'd already defined the category. Anyway, I'll remove it.

Damn it curl, Im so close to beating that game and now =(
Who am I kidding I havent touched it in like a year, sidequests sucked but without them I ended up well under levelled.

Hiku said:
Without time passing, it would feel like a very different game.
There's a song that slows down the progression of time that's pretty useful.

Lol understatement much, every LP Ive watched spams the shit out of it. New day, PLAY THE SONG!!!!11!!!1!!!!!!!

So developing the remaster took longer than it did for the actual original game. Damn.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

mZuzek said:
ktay95 said:
Damn it curl, Im so close to beating that game and now =(
Who am I kidding I havent touched it in like a year, sidequests sucked but without them I ended up well under levelled.

It would have helped if he edited it out of the second post too.

=P

To be fair I read it straight after it was posted and just took my time to complain. No amount of editing would have saved me.