By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. - 2 Missions Gameplay

Lock if already posted.

What you guys think of this? I am fairly interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyouHuW9Q3Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lAKRpF26y0

Around the Network

Stop developing this crap, Intelligent, and make already the next Paper Mario game for Wii U.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

The game looks very interesting and I loveeee rts games so I will keep an eye out for this one

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

interesting game but too complex for my brain.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Metallox said:
Stop developing this crap, Intelligent, and make already the next Paper Mario game for Wii U.

Oh come on, give them a chance. 

Besides AlphaDream could do Paper Mario. Mario & Luigi series have been great. 

Around the Network

I don't think this type of game works with the 3DS well. It will end up like Kid Icarus: Uprising, where the game was great but held back by terrible controls.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Metallox said:

There are more than enough Mario games in the world, with many, many more to come.

Personally, I'd rather have this any day of the week.  I think it looks good, like a cross between X-COM and Valkyria Chronicles, only with a more ... hm, child-oriented feel.  That's fine with me, as long as it doesn't mean the game is easy or simple.  If it turns out to be half as good as either one, I'll definitely buy it when I get a 3DS.

Some of the voice work is horrible, though.

Metallox said:

I feel like this comment represents Nintendo's unique sitution in a nutshell:

Nintendo fans: "We want new IPs"

Nintendo: "Well, heres a new IP with an interesting setting and unique gameplay elements"

Nintendo fans: "Stop developing this crap, Intelligent (subsidiary of Nintendo), and make already the next Paper Mario game for Wii U."

At the very least, wait till the game comes out before throwing shit at them... Intelligient Systems have a great track record for making strategy games and I am pretty sure this won't be any less

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Metallox said:

not true. we want old IPs with old and new gameplay elements all in one package.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Metallox said:

Nintendo: "Well, heres a new IP with an interesting setting and unique gameplay elements"

Nintendo fans: "Stop developing this crap, Intelligent (subsidiary of Nintendo), and make already the next Paper Mario game for Wii U."

At the very least, wait till the game comes out before throwing shit at them... Intelligient Systems have a great track record for making strategy games and I am pretty sure this won't be any less

Nintendo EAD must do the new IPs, Intelligent Systems on the other hand doesn't know how to make stuff outside of the Wario Ware games, Fire Emblem and Paper Mario, this S.T.E.A.M thing it's just the proof. So I rather have them making something familiar than this. It's just delaying the next FE and Paper Mario games even more. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.