By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. - 2 Missions Gameplay

TK14 said:
vkaraujo said:

Oh come on, give them a chance. 

Besides AlphaDream could do Paper Mario. Mario & Luigi series have been great. 

Please, God, no! I HATED the 3DS Mario & Luigi game. So many tutorials and lame mechanics. And the art style was meh. That being said, Intelligent Systems hasn't made a Paper Mario game I've liked since TTYD. Sigh. I'd give anything for them to make a pure Paper Mario RPG like the first 2. 

I know what you mean. I enjoyed Dream Team, but the hand holding is beyond insulting.

Still i had som fun time with it, and i love bowser inside story. I would give them a chance XD.

Around the Network

This game's genre doesn't appeal to me so I won't comment. But I wonder how they'll market this game. I wonder if kids care about Lincoln and if teenagers will like this comic book art style as much as Marvel and DC.

Metallox said:

Is Pushmo a flagship franchise for Intelligent today? I doubt it. And Super Metroid is a 20 year old game, doesn't really count, same for Tetris Attack and Super Circuit, they're very old games. 

Recent years for Intelligent have been a mixed bad, objectively speaking. Sticker Star wasn't really a great criticial hit, Awakening was far from excellent, the Pushmo games are ok and Game & Wario was really sad. 

So you dislike every single game they've put out in the last 6 years, even the best Fire Emblem game since the GBA? Then why would you want them to make more games just like those few franchises?

Intelligent has a LONG history of doing things other than those series, is what I'm trying to show you. STEAM is just like Pushmo, and I think is more interesting than "existing franchise version 6".

Metallox said:

Is Pushmo a flagship franchise for Intelligent today? I doubt it. And Super Metroid is a 20 year old game, doesn't really count, same for Tetris Attack and Super Circuit, they're very old games. 

Recent years for Intelligent have been a mixed bad, objectively speaking. Sticker Star wasn't really a great criticial hit, Awakening was far from excellent, the Pushmo games are ok and Game & Wario was really sad. 

Pushmo isn't a flagship but its a pretty solid series in terms of reception, both consumer and critical, and a good title for IS to work on between bigger projects. Its probably much more of a side development thing as its entirely digital and the game isn't exactly some graphical superstar. Its a simple puzzle game.

Anyone who thinks FE: Awakening was nothing special is clearly very hard to please. Intelligent's track record is very solid overall.

Around the Network
Skidonti said:
Metallox said:

So you dislike every single game they've put out in the last 6 years, even the best Fire Emblem game since the GBA? Then why would you want them to make more games just like those few franchises?

Intelligent has a LONG history of doing things other than those series, is what I'm trying to show you. STEAM is just like Pushmo, and I think is more interesting than "existing franchise version 6".

I said I loved Awakening, or "Awakening was far from excellent" isn't correct? 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Metallox said:
Stop developing this crap, Intelligent, and make already the next Paper Mario game for Wii U.

I feel like this comment represents Nintendo's unique sitution in a nutshell:

Nintendo fans: "We want new IPs"

Nintendo: "Well, heres a new IP with an interesting setting and unique gameplay elements"

Nintendo fans: "Stop developing this crap, Intelligent (subsidiary of Nintendo), and make already the next Paper Mario game for Wii U."

At the very least, wait till the game comes out before throwing shit at them... Intelligient Systems have a great track record for making strategy games and I am pretty sure this won't be any less