By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's Xbox One Is Looking Like A Lost Cause

Im expecting a HUGE drop off when they stop subsidizing XO price in January. I think after this holiday season the ratio of sales between XO and PS4 will be more drastic than it has in the past. Looking at the chartz 6th gen is the only gen with a second place home console selling over 30 million in NA.

Around the Network

If MS decides to undercut Sony by $50 in price for the rest of the gen, I think they have a shot to turn it around in North America. They have the deep pockets to do so, just a matter of it they want to or not.

I'm pretty sure the X1 will win this gen

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

kowenicki said:
Clueless.

Just like the Sony article just posted.

Exactly.

I especially like the part in which somehow the rise of Platstation Plus coincided with the sales of PS4...

Incredible coincidence... I wonder what the reason might be... hmmm...

Lets not forget as consumers we want both consoles to exist so the compete against each other and prices remain low. Here in the UK the xb1 doesn't look too bad in sales but in mainland Europe it does seem like a lost cause but not in the same way as Japan. From my perspective I'm more interested in a ps4 first but intend to buy an xb1 at some point. For me the xb1 should not be at the same price level as ps4 not just because of the weaker hardware but because in my case I have two ps3s, a psp and vita and psn makes more financial sense. I perceive the xb1 as a console with more functionality behind a paywall and games more focused on multiplayer. I enjoy the single player scripted experience more than multiplayer and like to work through a game and complete it. Also the xb1 is not visually very appealing. I'm not super keen on the ps4 shape either but prefer it over xb1. Neither console is particularly sexy looks wise. Lastly neither console has really delivered in a generational leap so I'm not keen to pay top dollar for either.

End result I've bought neither so far but I'm about 10x more likely to buy a ps4.

Around the Network

I vote we lock the writers of this article and the Sony one in a room with nothing but a pointy stick, and inform them that nobody can leave til the other one has been felled in battle. -_-

Anyway, I'm actually super jelly about all the bundles and deals that are getting thrown around on the Xbox side; we here in Canada had a retailer based 'Free TLOU:R And CoD:AW' deal for a week or so for PS4, but neither game is one I really want urgently, so I'm going to be waiting til December to see if anything more tempting comes up. Maybe something like a retailer-based Dragon Age: Inquisition, mebbe a free copy of Infamous Second Son or GTAV. :3

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

I think the article is a bit premature given that we haven't seen the numbers after Microsoft's latest effort.

I still agree with it overall though. The network effect gives PS4 a big advantage. I also think that people will not be walking over eachother in line to buy Halo MCC at $60. Many will want this game after it gets cheaper (including yours truly).

My 8th gen collection

I love how this one is apparently based on truth, but the article about Sony being in financial trouble is horseshit and indicative of the sad state of gaming journalism.

Can someone tweet this guy and let me know the 360 finished in 2nd/3rd place and it was far from a "lost cause"? So you need to be #1 or don't even bother? I guess Nintendo and Microsoft should just pack it up and we can have a one console industry? Awesome!

What a shitty article.

Video games journalism.

LudicrousSpeed said:

So you need to be #1 or don't even bother? I guess Nintendo and Microsoft should just pack it up and we can have a one console industry? Awesome!

In-n-Out, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr./Hardee's, Wendy's, and Sonic should all close their doors since they're not McDonald's.