By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Witcher 3 Getting 16 Free DLC Packs

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
JEMC said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Its both. They won't publize the other result. That it is the nature of PR, information control. They have a vested interest in selling their product, why would they outright when it would hamper DLC sales? Plus hampering resales increase the money they make as well.

DLC is just witheld content, even if they are giving it for free it is still witheld from the main game.

That's something I already said on my first post in this thread.

As for future paid DLCs, they have put themselves in a very tough situation here. They have made a name for not only supporting the game before its release, but also for openly talk against abusive DLCs. If they change their attitude for Cyberpunk 2077 they will have lots of problems with their fans on a new franchise.

Will they sell DLCs in the future? I'd say yes. Heck, if Nintendo does it then anyone can, but I don't think they are stupid enough to do what they have criticized so many times.

You're the one who intially responded to me remember?

That's the problem with being a PC centric developer, probably one of the reasons they are pulling into console development. Memories are really really short in the console industry. I'd make a thread about it, but I don't care enough.

Memories yes, resentment no.

In any case, we only have what they have done in the past and what they are doing now, so discussing about what they'll do in the future is pointless at this by now.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Doesn't anyone else find it odd that DLC containing different hairstyles or armour is actually DLC at all? If it's made then why not include it on the disc, especially when it's free anyway. I'm wondering whether this DLC was originally meant for something else but they decided against it.

The PS5 Exists. 

JEMC said:

In any case, we only have what they have done in the past and what they are doing now, so discussing about what they'll do in the future is pointless at this by now.

Maybe on gaming forums, but in the general purchasing public that is the console industry, how many people do you really think are informed enough to even be a month current on gaming events? Resenment is shortlived even if its effects are long term.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

kupomogli said:
Instead of offering it as DLC, why not just include it somewhere within the game. Some of us like to own the physical version of the product and having day one DLC is making that physical version incomplete.

If you like CD Projekt Red or any other developer more because of this, then their ploy has already worked against you. The very reason they're doing this is to try and garner interest that they're not like other developers selling their DLC but giving it away for free instead. It's still DLC that's held back until after release.

This.

new hairstyles,beards & clothes,i'm sold

sounds like some good press though which is important to make us buy

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
JEMC said:

Maybe on gaming forums, but in the general purchasing public that is the console industry, how many people do you really think are informed enough to even be a month current on gaming events? Resenment is shortlived even if its effects are long term.

Well, of course we are not in the same boat as the general consumer. That's why the boycotts that happen every now and then fail miserably.

Still, we are the ones that "click" for info on the games we want on the various game sites which in turn decide which games get the front page and the biggest reviews, which are what the general media use to decide which games they show and the masses learn about. So we can still have an effect.

And yes, I know that nothing of that has any effect on first party or heavily marketed games, but CD Projekt Red games don't have that kind of marketing budged and neither do their usual publishers, and given that their next game will be a new IP, I don't think they will want to try their luck.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Had me at horse armor. Sold.

That's nice of them but why bother mentioning free DLC? Just include it as part of the game.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54