By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Greatest Console Startup?

From what company is your favorite startup?

Microsoft. 21 9.25%

Nintendo. 66 29.07%

Sega. 25 11.01%

Sony. 113 49.78%

Other. (Please specify.) 2 0.88%

Total:227

This is the top 3 for me.

1: Gamecube

I like the startup because the cube actually makes a G, then becomes the line in the G. I also liked the sound it makes, plus it had easter eggs no one would have thought to find.

2: PSP

I loved it because it was a step away from the creepy Sony startups for me

3: Xbox

It was mysterious, and was the only thing I could remember of the Xbox, 'till my Dad found it after missing it for 7 years.

My least favourite are the:

1: PS2

It was creepy with the Cube and colors thing, and I swear I could always hear a "WEEEEE!" as it ended.

2: PS1

Way too loud and creepy.

3: WIndows Vista

Wait, that isn't a console.

3:  Ouya

Just plain terrible.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

The Wii U is bland, I really don't think nothing of it.

The Wii didn't have any start if I can remember.

The GameCube start is definitely the best, the sounds are cool and the formation of the cube is also cool.

The Xbox 360 start is alright, but, meh.

Nothing surpasses the music of the start of Windows XP though.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

GC
PS2

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Metallox said:

The GameCube start is definitely the best, the sounds are cool and the formation of the cube is also cool.

Windows is a OS, not a console. So not Windows please.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

PS1, it's just so haunting and cool. Gamecube is pretty neat too especially with the Easter Eggs.

PS1 is the only console startup to give me chills, so it wins. I like the Nintendo 64DD startup too, but hardly anyone would have even seen it. GameCube startup has a ton of little easter eggs in it which is pretty awesome.

Sony without a doubt. Even though the GC startup is awesome too.

nice

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Metallox said:

Windows is a OS, not a console. So not Windows please.

It was an extra :b

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

GameCube is number one, for me. Sega Saturn is a close second.