By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X - Nintendo Direct Footage 11.5.2014

A Q2 release in Japan at least shows it's likely land in the West within the remainder of the year.

If it's even half as spectacular as the first game, and it looks like it could be even better, then the wait will have been worth it.

Around the Network

I really hate that the footage is always in Japanese, like they haven't translated much at all to English.

HintHRO said:
I really hate that the footage is always in Japanese, like they haven't translated much at all to English.

chances are the english translation for the game hasn't become yet and they just might be waiting for the game to be complete before they do that.

Kirby Rainbow Curse February 2015 :)

animegaming said:
HintHRO said:

chances are the english translation for the game hasn't become yet and they just might be waiting for the game to be complete before they do that.

RPG's require a lot of translation. If they start with the translation just after finishing the game it may release relatively late in the west.

Around the Network

And the improvements keep rolling in, did anyone notice how the major pop ins were gone, even from what we seen in the E3 video. Beyond that, I was wondering how dense areas would be with living things. All the videos prior had a pretty good amount of monsters/aliens/humans, but this! Holy Crap! Game pad functionality looks like it will have some decent use. I also like the new title design.

Oh, and I guess we can take all that "visual downgrade" crap and throw it out the window. This looks like the best in game graphics video to date. Bring on the Year Of Xenoblade!

I'm calling late August for the west

bigtakilla said:
And the improvements keep rolling in, did anyone notice how the major pop ins were gone, even from what we seen in the E3 video. Beyond that, I was wondering how dense areas would be with living things. All the videos prior had a pretty good amount of monsters/aliens/humans, but this! Holy Crap! Game pad functionality looks like it will have some decent use. I also like the new title design.

Oh, and I guess we can take all that "visual downgrade" crap and throw it out the window. This looks like the best in game graphics video to date. Bring on the Year Of Xenoblade!

Yeah I noticed the pop-ins having been ironed out compared to E3, plus the lighting and scene density seems to have been improved slightly.

curl-6 said:
bigtakilla said:

Yeah I noticed the pop-ins having been ironed out compared to E3, plus the lighting and scene density seems to have been improved slightly.

And Monolith Soft have stated they weren't even pushing themselves with this title. 

Take from an interview with Edge

“Xenoblade Chronicles X is the first HD project for Monolith Soft, so instead of setting a number of hard-to-achieve targets, we are working on steadily building up key skills. Our goal with this game is first to lay the groundwork for [our] HD game development, so as to not overreach ourselves and cause problems,” Takahashi discussed with EDGE."

Found: http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2014/09/08/xenoblade-chronicles-x-helped-monolith-soft-to-lay-hd-development-groundwork/

Other devs need to step their game up, Monolith Soft is making you look like absolute garbage when looking at Wii U development.

bigtakilla said:
curl-6 said:

And Monolith Soft have stated they weren't even pushing themselves with this title. 

Take from an interview with Edge

“Xenoblade Chronicles X is the first HD project for Monolith Soft, so instead of setting a number of hard-to-achieve targets, we are working on steadily building up key skills. Our goal with this game is first to lay the groundwork for [our] HD game development, so as to not overreach ourselves and cause problems,” Takahashi discussed with EDGE."

Found: http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2014/09/08/xenoblade-chronicles-x-helped-monolith-soft-to-lay-hd-development-groundwork/

Other devs need to step their game up, Monolith Soft is making you look like absolute garbage when looking at Wii U development.

It's definitely one of the most impressive HD debuts I've seen. Most studios struggled to make the leap.