By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Uncharted 4 Is Scarily Realistic

the-pi-guy said:
Landguy said:

Mindblowing and console gaming are not really connected.  I hardly game on a PC much anymore, so I am not a PC elitist.  I just know that if it's on a console and the best it's going to be is 1080p, the picture will at most "look good for a console game".

Compared to other console games, it will probably look better than most though, the series has taught us that much for sure.

You are someone who has let your past get in the way of your present.  

Just because something has been done better, doesn't mean it can't be incredible to have something that's already been done.  

There's no reason that you can't appreciate something, just because there's something better.

tl;dr:  I still find some SNES games to be mindblowing.  

No.

I just consider mindblowing = something new/original that hasn't been done before.  Not that we really have much to go off yet, but there certainly hasn't been anything mindblowing in the 1st year of this gen and nothing new or special in the last 3 years before then on the 360/PS3.

It is clear, gaming has moved into the retread territory.  Most games are retreads of some other game with shinier graphics.  On occasion we can get a game with compelling story (TLOU) or simple fun (Minecraft).  But, most if not all games are no longer even trying to be all that different or unique.  The problem is, if they are too unique, they probably won't have a chance to be commercially viable.  That is the one benefit that seems to be coming out of the indie games.  That only seems to lead to big budget ripoffs of the indie concepts a year or 2 later.  

I can only hope that the game is more than just a shinier version of it's predecessors.  I like the series and plan to get this game, I just know better than to set myself up for "mindblowing" expectations.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network
Landguy said:
Nate4Drake said:
Landguy said:
Just think, if it was on PC it would really look good!

Don't worry, it will look mindblowing on PS4.

Mindblowing and console gaming are not really connected.  I hardly game on a PC much anymore, so I am not a PC elitist.  I just know that if it's on a console and the best it's going to be is 1080p, the picture will at most "look good for a console game".

Compared to other console games, it will probably look better than most though, the series has taught us that much for sure.

Whats your idea of mindblowing running on PC if I may ask. Or do you just conclude that having more pixels and higher framerates = mindblown?

Journey, that new zelda trailer, Rime and the little I have seen of U4 are all things I consider to be mindblowing. How about you give me a list f things you consider to be mindblowing so I at least have an idea what you are talking about.

Edit: ignore the bold italized. Just read your response above me and see what you mean by mindblowing. My apologies. almost had you pegged for yet another pixel junkie. Like those types that think crysis or star citizen is fun.

Bring on the rollercoaster!!!

Man that guy is an internet sensation today just for having "seen" uncharted 4!!

Imagine when the game is released!

Oh and the fan movie is pretty neat!

Intrinsic said:
Landguy said:
Nate4Drake said:
Landguy said:
Just think, if it was on PC it would really look good!

Don't worry, it will look mindblowing on PS4.

Whats your idea of mindblowing running on PC if I may ask. Or do you just conclude that having more pixels and higher framerates = mindblown?

Journey, that new zelda trailer, Rime and the little I have seen of U4 are all things I consider to be mindblowing. How about you give me a list f things you consider to be mindblowing so I at least have an idea what you are talking about.

Edit: ignore the bold italized. Just read your response above me and see what you mean by mindblowing. My apologies. almost had you pegged for yet another pixel junkie. Like those types that think crysis or star citizen is fun.

I am not a pixel junkie, but can appreciate a good looking game.  I guess my original point is that if the game is really impressive on the PS4, it would probably look mindblowing good on the right PC configuration.  We will probably never see that version of an Uncharted game, but it would be cool to wish for.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
kljesta64 said:
early in game footage always looks better then the final game because everything gets downgraded so that the game can run properly.

Does this also apply to that new Zelda game nintendo showed a trailer for?

You also do realize that sometimes its the reverse right?

always the same story with you guys.

what I meant is they make the games look 10x better before showing it off to the public its always been that way and its still that way. so what he probably saw was exactly that.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
Intrinsic said:
kljesta64 said:
early in game footage always looks better then the final game because everything gets downgraded so that the game can run properly.

what I meant is they make the games look 10x better before showing it off to the public its always been that way and its still that way. so what he probably saw was exactly that.

and what I am saying still applies. Don't know what I have done wrong here. Just pointing out that what you are saying could apply to every game and also doesn't apply to every game.

Intrinsic said:
kljesta64 said:
Intrinsic said:
kljesta64 said:

and what I am saying still applies. Don't know what I have done wrong here. Just pointing out that what you are saying could apply to every game and also doesn't apply to every game.

and it does apply to every game.

direct starts ...

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

kljesta64 said:
Intrinsic said:

and it does apply to every game.

direct starts ...

Actually it doesn't apply to every game....some but not all.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:

Actually it doesn't apply to every game....some but not all.

Apparently saying that to him seems to put us in some sort of category of posters. I could actually point out like 5 games right off the top of my head that the final game looked better than the pre-release material.