By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 44, 2014 (Oct 27 - Nov 02)

prinz_valium said:
Aerys said:
kowenicki said:

If you say so.  We'll talk again at the end of next year when it is still disappointing in sales.

I say it's stupid to judge sales now with no real system sellers, common sense.

PS4 will have much better sales next year in Japan, and even better if FFXV is released this year. It will easily sell 1M in 2015, you can quote me on that

but thats easily bad overall for the second year playstion console.
thats still below 2m ltd in 2 years.

yes. ps4 marketshare will be great this gen. but the sales numbers will be horrible.

I said easily, not only ;)

We cant say that for sure now, we know nothing about games coming but it seems PS4 will have more system sellers than PS3, with SE wanting to support it

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Purishikueru shall be the name of my next cat.

9k for PS4. It's enough to satisfy me, even though it's not really good. Wii U dropping, when was that MK bundle releasing? Vita is above 10k again finally. Dem disrepancies for the 3DS, it's a difference of 10k.

Aerys said:
kowenicki said:
Aerys said:
9000 PS4 without any decent game, the futur is good for this one.

Exactly what was said about the Vita.

I dont see it that way at all.

The PS4 will sell less than the PS3 in the end.

Anyone got the tracking graph of PS4 versus all the other major launches still going?

Sorry but this comparison is stupid. Vita had no big games. 3DS took them all.

PS4 will have all the big system sellers for home consoles. ( and even multiplatforms will be like exclusives)

And it could even sell more than PS3 if DQ is announced ( which seems more and more likely )

All the big systems sellers for home consoles in Japan last gen were called Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resorts, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Wii Fit, Wii Fit U, Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

All the big systems sellers for home consoles in Japan last gen were called Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resorts, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Wii Fit, Wii Fit U, Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros Wii.

But where is it now?

Seriously, with KH3,FFXV and DQ and most probably the main line DQ. I can see PS4 atleast outselling PS3 there. 

The thing is unless PS3 is getting the games we won't see the Japanese people upgrading to PS4 and PS4 is not BC compatible. One thng that is hurting PS4.

Around the Network

Wow look at those Top 3 3DS games!!!

They are not going down anytime soon.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Teeqoz said:
9k for PS4. It's enough to satisfy me, even though it's not really good. Wii U dropping, when was that MK bundle releasing? Vita is above 10k again finally. Dem disrepancies for the 3DS, it's a difference of 10k.

The MK8 bundle IS releasing on November 13th, same day as Captain Toad.

In the past we said a consoles sells okay if it can do 2 million a year or 10 million LTD in 5 years...So atleast 40K a week...Ps2/PS one did it a lot;.

9.000 a week is kind of horrible in retrospect because that is like 2.5 million after 5 years..

But the line up next year looks better than this one and their is possible a lot that is not announced yet...

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Pavolink said:

But where is it now?

Seriously, with KH3,FFXV and DQ and most probably the main line DQ. I can see PS4 atleast outselling PS3 there. 

The thing is unless PS3 is getting the games we won't see the Japanese people upgrading to PS4 and PS4 is not BC compatible. One thng that is hurting PS4.

MK8 and NSMBU doing respectable numbers. Smash 3DS almost on the road to sell more than FFXIII, biggest seller of the PS3 last gen. And why do you believe DQ is gonna be in PS4?

On the other hand, what makes you believe FFXV and KHIII are going to sell millions in Japan?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

But where is it now?

MK8 and NSMBU doing respectable numbers. Smash 3DS almost on the road to sell more than FFXIII, biggest seller of the PS3 last gen. And why do you believe DQ is gonna be in PS4?

On the other hand, what makes you believe FFXV and KHIII are going to sell millions in Japan?

OK, MK8 and NSMBU did great but didn't help WiiU a lot. Smash on the 3DS is on the handheld side we are talking about Home console.

As for DQ it's being teased and we will just have to wait and see. Why release a spin off on PS3&PS4 then?

FFXV has a great chance of selling millions it's been a while that a mainline FF is been released. And who said about selling millions?  

Anyways, FF and KH are system sellers. I can see PS4 above 100k when those games releases.