By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Software week ending 18th of October - USA Preorders up!

Scientificreason said:
true_fan said:
DonFerrari said:
Good numbers Driveclub, still above FH2. Altought we know the numbers will be revised.

Well this is according to VG, but if you look at the UK charts you will see that FH2 is already back above DC, depite being released earlier. Personally I think VG is being a little generous with their driveclub numbers.

UK is not the world..... Factoring in it was cheaper digitally and the bigger ps4 user base no one should be shocked driveclub outselling forza.  Forza was never a big seller like some made it to be.  DC is actually a great game too.  Some of the most immersion racing I've played 

Nope, but it's the biggest European territory and the drop for Driveclub as significantly higher for DC, hence why FH2 is #7 vs DC at #14 despite the smaller installbase.  DC selling more is only becuase of install base only, but FH2 is highlighting better legs.

Around the Network
TiagoCosta said:
Driveclub is bundled for free in Europe (both black and white console), I'm not surprised by the hold. US wise is clearly over tracked, it did and is currently doing worse on US online stores.. No way it's outselling it.

Forza didn't get any official bundle.

Huh,  where is your proof it's over tracked,? Online stores make up  a tiny portion of sales.  Where was it given for free?  The ps4 user base us larger and it was cheaper digitally.  If anything it is under tracked. 

true_fan said:
Scientificreason said:
true_fan said:
DonFerrari said:
Good numbers Driveclub, still above FH2. Altought we know the numbers will be revised.

Well this is according to VG, but if you look at the UK charts you will see that FH2 is already back above DC, depite being released earlier. Personally I think VG is being a little generous with their driveclub numbers.

UK is not the world..... Factoring in it was cheaper digitally and the bigger ps4 user base no one should be shocked driveclub outselling forza.  Forza was never a big seller like some made it to be.  DC is actually a great game too.  Some of the most immersion racing I've played 

Nope, but it's the biggest European territory and the drop for Driveclub as significantly higher for DC, hence why FH2 is #7 vs DC at #14 despite the smaller installbase.  DC selling more is only becuase of install base only, but FH2 is highlighting better legs.

UK is the only place in Europe x1 is not getting destroyed.  The gap in sales us bigger elsewhere,  so that argument falls flat.  Forza has always been heavily bundled,  that's why it has legs.  DC will easily outsell it. 

Smash Bros going strong still!

small44 said:
Driveclub is a new Ip it impresive that it's sold more then fh2 in first 3 weeks

the install base combined with dimishing returns for a racing series that comes out every year now may well be to blame.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
true_fan said:
DonFerrari said:

Well this is according to VG, but if you look at the UK charts you will see that FH2 #7 is already back above DC #14, depite being released earlier. Personally I think VG is being a little generous with their driveclub numbers.

don't use UK for WW sales please. The global difference between PS4 and X1 is much bigger than it is in the UK.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Scientificreason said:
TiagoCosta said:
Driveclub is bundled for free in Europe (both black and white console), I'm not surprised by the hold. US wise is clearly over tracked, it did and is currently doing worse on US online stores.. No way it's outselling it.

Huh,  where is your proof it's over tracked,? Online stores make up  a tiny portion of sales.  Where was it given for free?  The ps4 user base us larger and it was cheaper digitally.  If anything it is under tracked. 

You will get a huge proof when the monthly sales come out, I'm willing to bet if you want (that is over tracked).

UK and Portugal at least. It was ps4 + driveclub for 400 (black or white), now is ps4 + driveclub + minecraft for 400... Btw destiny Bundle was also free for a while(the game of course), 2 weeks I believe.

Aphelion said:
Ninsect said:
DriveClub drops less than FH2 did in its 2nd week. Interesting.

Evil Within PS4 3:1 vs. XB1 version

PS4 games beasting. TLoU going up for some weird reason. FIFA 15 completely obliterating past PS4 games, should pass Destiny soon. Minecraft PS4 goes up in its 3rd week.

The holidays are coming and with it some beautiful legs

Big ass Euro user base.

That explains the higher baseline but not the relatively smaller drop

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Scientificreason said:

UK is the only place in Europe x1 is not getting destroyed.  The gap in sales us bigger elsewhere,  so that argument falls flat.  Forza has always been heavily bundled,  that's why it has legs.  DC will easily outsell it. 

Easily outsell it, yet it is already number 14 in the UK software chart while coming out 1 week later than the #7 FH2. Easily outsell =/= falling faster, especially considering the negative stigma attached to the game, look at the reviews for retailers. You are mistaken if you think easily outsell.

TiagoCosta said:
Scientificreason said:
TiagoCosta said:

You will get a huge proof when the monthly sales come out, I'm willing to bet if you want (that is over tracked).

UK and Portugal at least. It was ps4 + driveclub for 400 (black or white), now is ps4 + driveclub + minecraft for 400... Btw destiny Bundle was also free for a while, 2 weeks I believe.

Like I said above: It doesn't matter that much if it's overtracked in the US. The minority of its sales comes from there. It's so far ahead of FH2 (1st week>FH2's 3 weeks) that even a big adjustment down in the US will still keep DC comfortably ahead

The One and Only

VizionEck.com