By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What ps3/360 game would push the wii to it's limits?

kingofwale said:
kenzomatic said:
kingofwale said:
sc94597 said:
Please give a serious answer with detail.

LOL, SC man, how would you expect serious answer in such a flamebait-retarded thread? Come on!

For the first time today I 100 percent agree with you.

If you overlooked the whole "you are a fanboy" issue, you will find yourself agreeing with me even more. ;)

Trust me, I bash every system just as much (based about PSPslim design, Singstar updates), it's just that when I bash Sony, nobody tends to get all worked up about it.

When you bash Sony, you also don't talk about how the Sony fanboys are going to get all worked up. It could be that extra personal bashing that makes it look like you are singling Nintendo out. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

>When you bash Sony, you also don't talk about how the Sony fanboys are going to get all worked up. It could be that extra personal bashing that makes it look like you are singling Nintendo out.

Nah, I bash Sony (like I bash anything else) mostly due to stupid business decisions. A lot of Sony fans do the same. If you single out posters like Crazzy or Leo-J, most Sony fans here are very reasonable and knowledgeable. They aren't the crazy fanboys you see elsewhere.

> How many halo loyals are on vgchartz anyway?

Well, Legend is gone. so you are lucky. ;)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
sc94597 said:
By limits I mean 30fps with framerate drops. This is with min-no graphical deductions other than resolution.

The Wii couldn't run and 360 or PS3 game without alot of graphical reduction, simple as that.

I'm kind of getting tired of these "The Wii's Power" and "Wii almost as good as" kind of threads, is there really any point in asking. Any way you look at it the Wii is a underpowered console, and will never come close to matching the PS3 or 360. NEVER.

I mean seriously whats the point in asking "What PS3/360 game would push the wii to its limits?" and then saying "By lowering it to 30fps, lowering its resolution, and having graphical deductions". That's like asking how well would a 3 year old do running a mile against olympic runners without giving him a 20 minute headstart, letting him only run half the race, and having his dad carry him for awhile.

Username2324 said:
sc94597 said:
By limits I mean 30fps with framerate drops. This is with min-no graphical deductions other than resolution.

The Wii couldn't run and 360 or PS3 game without alot of graphical reduction, simple as that.

I'm kind of getting tired of these "The Wii's Power" and "Wii almost as good as" kind of threads, is there really any point in asking. Any way you look at it the Wii is a underpowered console, and will never come close to matching the PS3 or 360. NEVER.

I mean seriously whats the point in asking "What PS3/360 game would push the wii to its limits?" and then saying "By lowering it to 30fps, lowering its resolution, and having graphical deductions". That's like asking how well would a 3 year old do running a mile against olympic runners without giving him a 20 minute headstart, letting him only run half the race, and having his dad carry him for awhile.

The point is to guess whatwii gmes will look like at the  end of it's liftime. The wiisnt underpowerd the ps3/360 are overpwered.

Not touching this thread with a 10-foot pole.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

if all you did was grab a PS3/360 games, kept all textures, graphical effects, physics, and audio intact but just lowered the resoution, the wii would struggle to just do 1 frame per second and that's if the wii could even handle the textures to begin with.

sc94597 said:
Username2324 said:
sc94597 said:

The point is to guess whatwii gmes will look like at the end of it's liftime. The wiisnt underpowerd the ps3/360 are overpwered.

The PS3 and 360 can actually be considered "next-gen" because of their power, the Wii isn't much more powerful than the original Xbox, all that's new with it is it's "godly" motion sensing.

Just to support jake_the_fake1, think about it, the 360 has a 3 core processor, and the PS3 has 7 SPEs as well as super-fast RAM, the Wii basically has a PowerPC G3 from 2002 and a lslightly overclocked Gamecube GPU. How much do you really think it can handle, the games out for it now are pushing it. There isn't any magical "developers will learn" trick for the Wii since it's all old technology that's been figured out unlike the 360 (which has now been figured out) and PS3 (which is beginning to be figured out).

jake_the_fake1 said:
sc94597 said:

if all you did was grab a PS3/360 games, kept all textures, graphical effects, physics, and audio intact but just lowered the resoution, the wii would struggle to just do 1 frame per second and that's if the wii could even handle the textures to begin with.

Actually if you run it with half the pixels you use about 30-50% less power. So that means a game that does 720p at 60fps may be done on the wii in 420p/30fps. That is if the ps360are about 4times morepowerful than the wii.

edit: And this game uses the max ps360 could do at 60fps.  

In all seriousness,

If there is any game on the PS360 that can run on the wii, its disegea 3.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Username2324 said:
sc94597 said:
Username2324 said:
sc94597 said:

The point is to guess whatwii gmes will look like at the end of it's liftime. The wiisnt underpowerd the ps3/360 are overpwered.

The PS3 and 360 can actually be considered "next-gen" because of their power, the Wii isn't much more powerful than the original Xbox, all that's new with it is it's "godly" motion sensing.

Just to support jake_the_fake1, think about it, the 360 has a 3 core processor, and the PS3 has 7 SPEs as well as super-fast RAM, the Wii basically has a PowerPC G3 from 2002 and a lslightly overclocked Gamecube GPU. How much do you really think it can handle, the games out for it now are pushing it. There isn't any magical "developers will learn" trick for the Wii since it's all old technology that's been figured out unlike the 360 (which has now been figured out) and PS3 (which is beginning to be figured out).

That proves my point on the ps360 being overpowered for  console. The wii is current gen and the ps360 is nextgen.