By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What ps3/360 game would push the wii to it's limits?

guitar hero 2

Around the Network
fazz said:
sc94597 said:
fazz said:
This thread sure has been long lived...

Let's make it go on-topic: A game that would put the Wii to it's knees like Gears of War did on the 360... hmmm...

Let's say: Bioshock.

Really? Bioshock has graphics way over the wii imo.

Or you mean... without no scaling AT ALL? Because Bioshock uses some shaders and effects very common for Wii, but texture resolution would need to be reduced.

If "with no scaling at all", only resolution... then probably something like Forza. Yeah, something like that.

EDIT: Yeah, the ones that Chizum say too.

Yeah only resolution.

Wow so you think the wii could pull off some 1st gen 360 graphics at 60fps chirizum?

sc94597 said:
fazz said:
sc94597 said:
fazz said:

Let's make it go on-topic: A game that would put the Wii to it's knees like Gears of War did on the 360... hmmm...

Or you mean... without no scaling AT ALL? Because Bioshock uses some shaders and effects very common for Wii, but texture resolution would need to be reduced.

If "with no scaling at all", only resolution... then probably something like Forza. Yeah, something like that.

Yeah only resolution.

Wow so you think the wii could pull off some 1st gen 360 graphics at 60fps chirizum?

In the case of Quake 4, I remember something about the one and only John Carmack saying that games like Doom 3 and the mentioned Quake 4 are very possible on the Wii. I think he even said he was interested in developing an engine exclusively for Wii.

well based on the games that are coming out:

graphic wise: killzone 2
gameplay wise: lair; jks; littlebigplanet
fun factor: littlebigplanet

yes call me a fanboy for naming all ps3 exclusives.

sc94597 said:
fazz said:
sc94597 said:
fazz said:

Yeah only resolution.

Depending on the game. F.E.A.R. would not run on 60 fps, but Tenchu Z definitely could.

Around the Network
fazz said:
sc94597 said:
fazz said:
sc94597 said:
fazz said:

Yeah only resolution.

In the case of Quake 4, I remember something about the one and only John Carmack saying that games like Doom 3 and the mentioned Quake 4 are very possible on the Wii. I think he even said he was interested in developing an engine exclusively for Wii.

If a game like that was released maybe devs would try harder on the wii.

sc94597 said:
fazz said:
sc94597 said:
fazz said:
sc94597 said:
fazz said:

Yeah only resolution.

Well, mayb...

Nah. Lazy conformist developers.

Maybe factor 5s game will be similar to1st gen 360.

fazz said:
sc94597 said:
fazz said:
sc94597 said:
fazz said:
sc94597 said:
fazz said:

Yeah only resolution.

Well, mayb...

Nah. Lazy conformist developers.

WTF is that?! looks like some PC game from 1995

^ No worse. Doom and Es:arena look better than that.