By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What ps3/360 game would push the wii to it's limits?

Why no lock? This thread is off topic and flame city it should die.

Around the Network

This thread sure has been long lived...

Let's make it go on-topic: A game that would put the Wii to it's knees like Gears of War did on the 360... hmmm...

Let's say: Bioshock.

How many times must it be said? No game on PS3 or 360 would run at 30fps in 480p on the Wii. Simple as that. Maybe 5fps, but not 30.

fazz said:

Let's make it go on-topic: A game that would put the Wii to it's knees like Gears of War did on the 360... hmmm...

Really? Bioshock has graphics way over the wii imo.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Around the Network

Burn, baby, burn, Disco Inferno! (breaks into dance)

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

you asserted there were no games on the PS3 or Xbox 360 which the Wii can run with the same graphics.

Well, did i really needed to mention, GOOD looking game?

Edit-most of the multiplatform Wii games are ports from the PS2. Particularly Call of Duty 3-so why are you comparing with that?

1) Then WHY not to port from ps3/x360 at 480p and 30fps??? =)))
2) Then with WHAT to compare?
Or it`s just "I think, that x360/ps3 game could be done on Wii" ???

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

LOL, BioShock is one of the prettiest games I've ever played. No way the Wii can handle that.

I'd say:
Time Crisis 4 (as been mentioned)
Beautiful Katamari
F.E.A.R.
Viva Pinata
Final Fantasy XI
Quake 4
Tenchu Z

can all be done on Wii on 480p/576i 16:9 30 - 60 fps.

sc94597 said:
fazz said:

Really? Bioshock has graphics way over the wii imo.

Or you mean... without no scaling AT ALL? Because Bioshock uses some shaders and effects very common for Wii, but texture resolution would need to be reduced.

If "with no scaling at all", only resolution... then probably something like Forza. Yeah, something like that.

EDIT: Yeah, the ones that Chizum say too. 

Finally after 4 and 1/2 pages of off topic people answer the op.