By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The upcoming X1 price cut will make it match the PS4 sales in the US

GribbleGrunger said:
TheDrill said:

Of course I am aware that the X1 sales are lower than the PS4 sales.

At the same time is is reasonable to assume that a certain percentage of difference between them can be ignored and the sales can be considered quasi-identical .

The truth of the matter is that X1 is extremely competitive in the US and the ammount it is being outsold by the PS4 is not significant.

I don't believe a winner in the US can be named at this point because the X1 can match the PS4 sales any month basically (The same can happen for the PS4 mind you)

Of course this is not the case in Europe or other regions where the PS4 significantly outsells the X1 and it can't recover without a miracle happening.

Thank you.

But when is that going to happen? You talk as if it's 50/50 when it's still 100% win every week for the PS4. The gap is growing AGAIN and will be back to what it was last year (if not bigger). What you predicted hasn't and will never happen.

The gap isn't growing.

It went from 90 % to 91 %.

Around the Network
TheDrill said:

The gap isn't growing.

What planet are you living on? I don't mean to sound rude but your denial of the gap growing is unbelievable.

The PS5 Exists. 

TheDrill said:
DonFerrari said:

Looking at it and x1 is still bellow ps4.

7 days to April 20th and your complete fall.

still waiting for the secret reveal promissed to March. How will x1 outsell ps4 by 650k in 1 week.

I doubt X1 can outsell the PS4 by 650k in 1 week.

But that doesn't matter since the sales are so close anyway and X1 is competitive in the USA.

And X1 is now 91 % of all PS4 in the US, so it actually decreased the gap from 90 %

PS4 outsold XBO by 25% last month. And this month the gap will be bigger.

Are you really using VGchartz to confirm this? Better to wait for NPD......which shows PS4 selling more since January. It was over 60K more than XB1 for February and March should be over 80K to 120K. I don't know what "matching" you're seeing. XB1 is $50 cheaper and still can't sell more than PS4.

This thread is ridiculous and needs to be closed.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

TheDrill said:
GribbleGrunger said:

But when is that going to happen? You talk as if it's 50/50 when it's still 100% win every week for the PS4. The gap is growing AGAIN and will be back to what it was last year (if not bigger). What you predicted hasn't and will never happen.

The gap isn't growing.

Considering that you also said this earlier, "There is no objective reason to consider that NPD numbers are more accurate than VGC ones", I think you are absolutely loony. You bumped your thread way too early since NPD will be releasing March's results this Thursday. The XBO is not matching the PS4 in sales nor is it closing the gap. Period.

Around the Network

I like how we go from "matching" to "competitive" to "quasi-identical".

Hey, I have a "quasi-identical twin" we were only born 10.5 months apart!

TheDrill said:
GribbleGrunger said:

The gap isn't growing.

I feel like this is VGChartz meme worthy. xD

OMG! I love this thread, Drill you rock brother!

tiffac said:
TheDrill said:

The gap isn't growing.

I feel like this is VGChartz meme worthy. xD

OMG! I love this thread, Drill you rock brother!

Thanks brother.

Be ready to get your mind drilled, what I will reveal will change history forever.

It am the shepherd and you should follow me to enlightenment.

TheDrill said:
GribbleGrunger said:
TheDrill said:

Of course I am aware that the X1 sales are lower than the PS4 sales.

At the same time is is reasonable to assume that a certain percentage of difference between them can be ignored and the sales can be considered quasi-identical .

The truth of the matter is that X1 is extremely competitive in the US and the ammount it is being outsold by the PS4 is not significant.

I don't believe a winner in the US can be named at this point because the X1 can match the PS4 sales any month basically (The same can happen for the PS4 mind you)

Of course this is not the case in Europe or other regions where the PS4 significantly outsells the X1 and it can't recover without a miracle happening.

Thank you.

The gap isn't growing.

90 < 91

Just saying.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Wait what's the reveal?! Drill please tell I must know!