By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The upcoming X1 price cut will make it match the PS4 sales in the US

TheDrill said:
Neodegenerate said:

So what you are saying here is when the PS4 outsells the XB1, even by slim margins, those numbers don't count at all.  If the XB1 outsells the PS4, even if by slim margins, it will count?

No, what I am saying is that the X1 outsold the PS4 by significant numbers.

This week the PS4 outsold the X1 by what, 2k? that is not sigificant at all.

At this rate the PS4 needs years to close the hap the X1 widened.

So you are still cherry picking when a win matters.  10 months of outselling an item by 2 million (200,000 per) and then losing two months by 1.5 million is still 500,000 better.  Doesn't matter that those two months were 550,000 better each than any given month in the other 10.

Around the Network
TheDrill said:
DonFerrari said:

I still don't see how can x1 certainly outsell ps4 by march when selling 90% of the rival as you claim. And check again January 10th numbers for USA. Ps4 won.

Seems like it won't outsell ps4 100k weekly as you claimed. How is it that x1 will pass ps4 by march this year while selling less and having a 600k déficit to overcome? If it won't happen can you at least promise to stop making threads about the certainty of x1 win? It's tiring to explain the same thing everytime and you claim you won because x1 being outsold by less in your playbook means x1 outsell ps4.

It closed the gap significantly, and the amount the PS4 is outselling X1 by is pretty insignificant (2k)

The sales are basically 1:1 so the gap remains the same, until it closes in favor of X1.

How is outselling by an albeit smaller gap.....closing the gap?

If PS4 outsold the XBone by the "insignificant" 2k for the whole year, it'd still increase the PS4 lead over XBone by 110K in the US

Hiku said:
TheDrill said:
Neodegenerate said:

So what you are saying here is when the PS4 outsells the XB1, even by slim margins, those numbers don't count at all.  If the XB1 outsells the PS4, even if by slim margins, it will count?

No, what I am saying is that the X1 outsold the PS4 by significant numbers.

This week the PS4 outsold the X1 by what, 2k? that is not sigificant at all.

At this rate the PS4 needs years to close the hap the X1 widened.

XBO has never widened any gap. It's has only reduced the one to PS4.
And BXO will never close that gap as long as PS4 is wining. Even if it only wins by 1 unit. I wouldn't call that insignificant. Because the only way XB1 can close the gap is by winning.

That said, we still need to wait for NPD before proclaiming who won and by how much.

Technically, by failing to sell sell as many units as the PS$, it has widened the gap lol.

TheDrill said:
Roronaa_chan said:
TheDrill said:
For all the doubters, X1 soutsold the PS4 even after the price cut expired.

Another great victory for the X1!

No it didn't.

Check the frontpage please. new sales numbers.

I do i do...

Yep, that's what happen when you post something based on Vgchartz numbers.

TheDrill said:
DonFerrari said:

You mean that over 600k PS4 have of advantage? Yep, it isn't even over 3%.

The X1 sales are only 90 % of the PS4 sales in the US.

No matter what you may think, the sales are very close and no winner has yet been decided in the USA.

X1 can and will rebounce

Lol no winner can be decided but you give the win to xb1 despite the gap growing to 600k after last month. 

Around the Network
TheDrill said:
DonFerrari said:

Ps4 added like 400k to the gap during 2014 and is still adding in 2015.

X1 can't oversell ps4 by having 1:1 sales. Still waiting you to accept the bet or promisse you'll stop if by March x1 don't pass ps4.

If by end of March the X1 has less than 80% sales of the PS4 total in the USA, then I will consider it lost for the X1.

You promissed X1 would pass ps4 like 8 months ago but say that your "soon" will still be valid if ps4 isn't over 1.25 X1?

your predictions is always about how x1 will pass soon and were already proven wrong. No one is denying the possibility, we are adamant against yours evidence supporting x1 will certainly do it soon.

So I'm not asking you to stop expecting X1 to pass ps4, just to stop making baseless threads based on bogus math and faulty evidence. When/if x1 have enough evidence supporting it will pass ps4 you can make a thread. But up to now there were none, and you have been avoiding reality just to claim you are right.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

TheDrill said:
For all the doubters, X1 soutsold the PS4 even after the price cut expired.

Another great victory for the X1!

And I don't like to gloat... but I do like to goat, so I did tell you that the VGC numbers were going to change. They did, and they're gonna have to change again because X1 is still overtracked by 30-50k (depending on week spread) in January.

LOl This thread always cracks me up.

SkyHold said:
LOl This thread always cracks me up.

It's just a continual source of comedy.

Thanks for the lols.