By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The upcoming X1 price cut will make it match the PS4 sales in the US

TheDrill said:
DonFerrari said:
Hey TheDrill, care to tell me the USA numbers for January 10th and 17th on VGC?

2 thousand is not significant, it doesn't even cover 10 % of what the X1 outsold the PS4 by last year.

Um.... I hate to break it to you, but the PS4 won last year. The X1 did indeed outsell the PS4 in November and December, but it was not enough to make up for the deficit from the first 10 months.

I also remember you claiming that the X1 will catch up by March. Well, clock is ticking and that is definitely not going to happen.

Around the Network
2008ProchargedGT said:
TheDrill said:

2 thousand is not significant, it doesn't even cover 10 % of what the X1 outsold the PS4 by last year.

Yeah that didnt happen....

Looking like theres not much X1 can do at this point. Its cheaper, no kinect, free games included, game drought upcoming..... and its still loosing its bigest market. At this point im starting to feel bad for MS. They really have tired to win back the community and have offred some insane gamer friendly incentives. Its just too far gone :( kinda like watching a boat sink

Sorry, I meant the last weeks it outsold the PS4, it outsold it by much more than the PS4 did today.

DonFerrari said:
TheDrill said:

You mean that over 600k PS4 have of advantage? Yep, it isn't even over 3%.

The X1 sales are only 90 % of the PS4 sales in the US.

No matter what you may think, the sales are very close and no winner has yet been decided in the USA.

X1 can and will rebounce

TheDrill said:
DonFerrari said:

You mean that over 600k PS4 have of advantage? Yep, it isn't even over 3%.

No matter what you may think, the sales are very close and no winner has yet been decided in the USA.

X1 can and will rebounce

I still don't see how can x1 certainly outsell ps4 by march when selling 90% of the rival as you claim. And check again January 10th numbers for USA. Ps4 won.

Seems like it won't outsell ps4 100k weekly as you claimed. How is it that x1 will pass ps4 by march this year while selling less and having a 600k déficit to overcome? If it won't happen can you at least promise to stop making threads about the certainty of x1 win? It's tiring to explain the same thing everytime and you claim you won because x1 being outsold by less in your playbook means x1 outsell ps4.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
TheDrill said:

X1 can and will rebounce

I still don't see how can x1 certainly outsell ps4 by march when selling 90% of the rival as you claim. And check again January 10th numbers for USA. Ps4 won.

Seems like it won't outsell ps4 100k weekly as you claimed. How is it that x1 will pass ps4 by march this year while selling less and having a 600k déficit to overcome? If it won't happen can you at least promise to stop making threads about the certainty of x1 win? It's tiring to explain the same thing everytime and you claim you won because x1 being outsold by less in your playbook means x1 outsell ps4.

It closed the gap significantly, and the amount the PS4 is outselling X1 by is pretty insignificant (2k)

The sales are basically 1:1 so the gap remains the same, until it closes in favor of X1.

Around the Network
TheDrill said:
DonFerrari said:

It closed the gap significantly, and the amount the PS4 is outselling X1 by is pretty insignificant (2k)

The sales are basically 1:1 so the gap remains the same, until it closes in favor of X1.

Ps4 added like 400k to the gap during 2014 and is still adding in 2015.

X1 can't oversell ps4 by having 1:1 sales. Still waiting you to accept the bet or promisse you'll stop if by March x1 don't pass ps4.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
TheDrill said:

Ps4 added like 400k to the gap during 2014 and is still adding in 2015.

X1 can't oversell ps4 by having 1:1 sales. Still waiting you to accept the bet or promisse you'll stop if by March x1 don't pass ps4.

If by end of March the X1 has less than 80% sales of the PS4 total in the USA, then I will consider it lost for the X1.

TheDrill said:

So what you are saying here is when the PS4 outsells the XB1, even by slim margins, those numbers don't count at all.  If the XB1 outsells the PS4, even if by slim margins, it will count?

Neodegenerate said:
TheDrill said:

So what you are saying here is when the PS4 outsells the XB1, even by slim margins, those numbers don't count at all.  If the XB1 outsells the PS4, even if by slim margins, it will count?

No, what I am saying is that the X1 outsold the PS4 by significant numbers.

This week the PS4 outsold the X1 by what, 2k? that is not sigificant at all.

At this rate the PS4 needs years to close the hap the X1 widened.

TheDrill said (on Dec. 29, 2014):

What is the bet about?

I think by end of March 2015 give or take 20 days, X1 will have more sales in the US than the PS4

TheDrill said:

If by end of March the X1 has less than 80% sales of the PS4 total in the USA, then I will consider it lost for the X1.

You're singing quite a different tune right now. Hmmmmm......