By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: The Master Chief Collection is the only unreleased game in Amazon's top 50 for 2014. #48 now

Tagged games:

CoD Day 0 for the One just showed up on Amazons Top 100 for 2014.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
Welfare said:
CoD Day 0 for the One just showed up on Amazons Top 100 for 2014.

Debut at 91, nice. 

COD sells a lot during holidays, it will climb up that list in no time.

Goatseye said:

Its just crazy that Halo MCC hasn't even released yet! FW will be great!

jlmurph2 said:
Goatseye said:

Its just crazy that Halo MCC hasn't even released yet! FW will be great!

double kill, thriple kill, Killtastic!!

oh sorry, Jeff Steitzer on a different tab XD

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Yep, it's pretty impressive that it has sold more so far than CoD: AW Xbox One, GTA V PS4, and Super Smash Bros. Wii U, which are probably going to be the 3 biggest games this Holiday season (on a single platform) other than Halo: MCC. Microsft went all out with MCC, the amount of content they've packed in for just $60 is crazy.

These days nothing like that is impressive because Digital has become such a big thing now. It's just hard to look at physical games sales and really predict much of anything.

method114 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yep, it's pretty impressive that it has sold more so far than CoD: AW Xbox One, GTA V PS4, and Super Smash Bros. Wii U, which are probably going to be the 3 biggest games this Holiday season (on a single platform) other than Halo: MCC. Microsft went all out with MCC, the amount of content they've packed in for just $60 is crazy.

These days nothing like that is impressive because Digital has become such a big thing now. It's just hard to look at physical games sales and really predict much of anything.

If anything it shows demand. If MCC is high physically there's nothing keeping it from being high digitally. Especially with pre-loading on Xbox One.

jlmurph2 said:
method114 said:
shikamaru317 said:

If anything it shows demand. If MCC is high physically there's nothing keeping it from being high digitally. Especially with pre-loading on Xbox One.

I agree but my point is that with digital being such a big part of the industry now it's basically impossible to know anything from physical sales. All we can really do is speculate at this point now when it comes to game sales.

method114 said:
jlmurph2 said:
method114 said:

I agree but my point is that with digital being such a big part of the industry now it's basically impossible to know anything from physical sales. All we can really do is speculate at this point now when it comes to game sales.

Physical is still the biggest part of the console industry. Until that shifts over, we'll continue to use NPD, Amazon and VGC as references.

jlmurph2 said:
method114 said:
jlmurph2 said:
method114 said:

Physical is still the biggest part of the console industry. Until that shifts over, we'll continue to use NPD, Amazon and VGC as references.

Yea and that's fine I see no issue with it. It's just at this point it's nothing but assumptions really. Were missing to much data now at this point to really do anything but make assumptions.