By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: The Master Chief Collection is the only unreleased game in Amazon's top 50 for 2014. #48 now

Tagged games:

Here's hoping it wipes the floor on CoD.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
jlmurph2 said:
Puppyroach said:
I've told numerous friends of mine about the MCC, and none of them would've thought you get this much in a 60$ package. It has even convinced my neighbor to go for Xbox instead of Playstation this gen, and that only makes me happy :).

Its crazy to think that when it was leaked we were all convinced it would be $99

Yeah, makes me wonder how the leaker got the price so far off. Maybe MS was considering $100 back in January when that leak happened. Glad they went with $60, it should fly off the shelves.

I think so, at first they were only planning to do Halo 2 Anniversary for $60. Then the collection was thought up by Dan Ayoub. Glad they decided on the price though. Making it the best deal for a long time.

Shadow1980 said:
It's certainly a superb deal, it will almost certainly become the best-selling non-Nintendo remake/compilation, and it will probably move some units (it's certainly the reason why I'm getting an XBO). However, I still remain skeptical that it will be as big as a main series Halo game, in terms of either unit sales or its ability to shift hardware. Historically speaking, remakes & compilations have never been big system-sellers (Pokemon remakes being notable exceptions), and even Halo CE Anniversary wasn't terribly huge. Then again, the MCC is no ordinary compilation. In addition to the campaigns for Halo 1-4, including HCEA and Halo 2 Anniversary, it also has the complete multiplayer experience for all four games. It marks the first time Halo 1's MP has been playable on XBL (the biggest attraction for me), as well as the return of Halo 2 to XBL after the 2010 shutdown of the OG Xbox servers, not to mention six remade Halo 2 maps with refined graphics and gameplay. It also has a pass for the Halo 5 beta, plus some other goodies. The MCC should do well, but I also think we should temper our expectations. I think maybe 5 million units lifetime plus a more modest hardware boost than what we saw with previous Halo games.

It has 2000 GamerScore.

If anything, I'd doubt the impact halo 5 will have, relative to the MCC ;)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
Shadow1980 said:
It's certainly a superb deal, it will almost certainly become the best-selling non-Nintendo remake/compilation, and it will probably move some units (it's certainly the reason why I'm getting an XBO). However, I still remain skeptical that it will be as big as a main series Halo game, in terms of either unit sales or its ability to shift hardware. Historically speaking, remakes & compilations have never been big system-sellers (Pokemon remakes being notable exceptions), and even Halo CE Anniversary wasn't terribly huge. Then again, the MCC is no ordinary compilation. In addition to the campaigns for Halo 1-4, including HCEA and Halo 2 Anniversary, it also has the complete multiplayer experience for all four games. It marks the first time Halo 1's MP has been playable on XBL (the biggest attraction for me), as well as the return of Halo 2 to XBL after the 2010 shutdown of the OG Xbox servers, not to mention six remade Halo 2 maps with refined graphics and gameplay. It also has a pass for the Halo 5 beta, plus some other goodies. The MCC should do well, but I also think we should temper our expectations. I think maybe 5 million units lifetime plus a more modest hardware boost than what we saw with previous Halo games.

It has 2000 GamerScore.

It has 4500 gamerscore.

jlmurph2 said:
TheWPCTraveler said:
Shadow1980 said:

It has 2000 GamerScore.

It has 4500 gamerscore.

See? Even I don't know just how much GamerScore it has! Who wouldn't want to snap this up?

...that's more GamerScore than I've earned in my life, lol.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network

Well deserved. Too bad XB1 install base is too little atm for it to surpass major halo games.

Farsala said:
Well deserved. Too bad XB1 install base is too little atm for it to surpass major halo games.

That can change.

Farsala said:

gamers might buy x1 JUST for the collection alone. that is how much of a great value it is

Praise the One.

Farsala said:

I know of a ton of people, some friends, who are making the big switch from their x360s to xbox ones next week when Halo MCC launches.  So, a good pie of the halo userbase on Halo pc (ce/2), Halo 3 on x360, Halo 4 on x360, Halo Reach on x360 -> making the switch.  The convenience of just having all 4 main-line Halo games on one console with one user interface would make almost any Halo fan go out and buy the console that game lands on.  

Halo MCC can achieve 40% attach rate first week. Plenty of core xbox games (Gears, past Halos) have done this.

4m years end for Halo MCC is doable, but we shall see.