By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which baseball game is better overall,MLB:The Show or Major League Baseball?

The Show got way friggin better reviews. go with it.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
FreeTalkLive said:
The Show will likely be best on PS3, 2ks game will be best on 360, and Nintendo's new Mario Stadium will likely be best on Wii.

is Mario Stadium a Mario baseball game?

Well, there's a difference between a sim game and a arcadey game. It's like comparing Fifa/Winning Eleven to Mario Striker.

Is there a baseball sim on the Wii? I guess not since some nintendo people can't read the thread title and choose older baseball games apparently forgetting that old sports games don't hold up well. *sigh* The Show seems to be the choice this year. Sports games almost require you to look at the options every year instead of going with 1 dev all the time.

FreeTalkLive said:
The Show will likely be best on PS3, 2ks game will be best on 360, and Nintendo's new Mario Stadium will likely be best on Wii.

Also, a direct response: 2k could easily have the better game on the PS3, but just not this year.

dannyphantom105 said:
kingofwale said:
IGN gave 7.3 to 2k8, and 8.7 to The Show

If that makes any difference.

fixed.

anyways i own the show, its awesome. greeat graphics, gameplay, and everything. 

one thing it has that 2k does not is a career mode, and that  mode i play all the time in 08.

Wait, you can't do multiple seasons in 2k? That's the only mode I play in most sports games, including 2k's basketball games. Are you sure?

windbane said:
dannyphantom105 said:
kingofwale said:
IGN gave 7.3 to 2k8, and 8.7 to The Show

If that makes any difference.

fixed.

anyways i own the show, its awesome. greeat graphics, gameplay, and everything. 

one thing it has that 2k does not is a career mode, and that  mode i play all the time in 08.

Wait, you can't do multiple seasons in 2k? That's the only mode I play in most sports games, including 2k's basketball games. Are you sure?

Well,i just went to gamestop.com and it says major league baseball 2k8 does have franchise mode.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Around the Network

After reviews MLB The Show seems to be far superior to 2K offering .

I'll play both online and i'll go from there,cause online play is the deciding factor for me.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

koopatrooper said:
the base ball game in wii sports

troll :P

on topic: i can only compare last years 2k7 and this years show demo, the demo is absolutely the best BB game i ever played. also i thing the graphics and animation is better, plus the players in the outfeild dont feel like they r scating on ice. so i would pick the show

PooperScooper said:

^Koopa.

is the worse basketball game ever made. I'd rather play RBI for nintendo.

lol i agree that its the worst BASKEBALL game ever made.... there arent even real BASKETBALL players... they must have had licensing issues :P

X Play said that 2k is better than MLB