By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which baseball game is better overall,MLB:The Show or Major League Baseball?

Major League Baseball 2k version vs. MLB:The Show- If you have played both,please reply. I want to try to get the best overall one,especially for online play.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Around the Network

I don't think they are even released yet.

MLB the show (PS3) got 8.7 from IGN. 2K game has yet to be reviewed.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

MLB '08: The Show plays really good - I hate baseball games, but I'm quite addicted to the demo of that game and it looks ace aswell

you should read the review from IGN to inform yourself wether or not the online mode is worth it though

the base ball game in wii sports

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

I would choose MLB 08: The Show over MLB 2K8, just for the simple fact that the Sony studio put so much effort into this year's MLB game.

Here is what IGN said as the closing comments:

Last year, PS3 owners were let down by strange AI problems, weak visuals and game features that just didn't deliver what they promised. That's not the case this time – MLB '08 delivers on every gameplay front. The on-field play is excellently done, the stat tracking is immense, and Road to the Show is one of the best career modes around. Visually striking, this is the baseball game that baseball fans have been waiting for on the PS3.

9.0 Presentation

MLB milestones, radio calls, deep stat tracking, replay vault and revamped visuals across the board makes this one of the strongest showings of The Show yet.

8.5 Graphics

Loads of new animations, cutscenes, redesigned character models and parks shows what an improvement this is over last year's game.

8.5 Sound

The addition of your own songs to the jukebox is a nice feature – too bad they're only restricted to the menus instead of the park speakers.

8.5 Gameplay

Many of the AI issues from last year have been addressed. Pitching and Batting analysis tools are a great addition, although there are still some fielding problems.

9.0 Lasting Appeal

Road to the Show is easily the best career mode out there, and should keep you extremely busy when you're not playing online.

Great OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/856/856121p3.html

Around the Network

^Koopa.

is the worse basketball game ever made. I'd rather play RBI for nintendo.

I will be buying MLB 2K8. However, I will also purchase MLB 08: The show in the future the game plays well. I've been 2K junky over the last two years.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

MLB 08: The Show's demo for the PS3 is really good, plus, as kow stated, it got a 8.7 from IGN. The 2K series has always been okay, but I'd put my money on The show beating 2K this year.

koopatrooper said:
the base ball game in wii sports

There is soooo many reasons why this post deserves this

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
DMeisterJ said:
The 2K series has always been okay, but I'd put my money on The show beating 2K this year.

On the PS3 only. MLB 08: The Show is a Sony Exclusive (PS3, PSP, PS2) exclusive. MLB 2K8 is multiplatform.

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus