By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which baseball game is better overall,MLB:The Show or Major League Baseball?

IMO MLB The Show is the best Baseball sim on the market. Me and my family switched over to The Show after MVP was discontinued due to the 2K exclusive deal, and we could not be happier. This game played on Hall of Fame gives the most accurate scores I have ever seen in a dports game. I play at least 300 games a season over the last 2 games and I still don't blow out everybody I play, if they have some experiance. When I lived with my parents during 06 me and my bro played the rivalry mode in which each person chooses a team and you can set a number of games between 8 and 82 and the first to secure over 50% of the wins takes the rivalry. We usally do a draft of all players and boast some awsome line-ups and great pitching staffs.

I will be hard pressed to go away from this series, and would say it is a must buy, even if you are only slightly into baseball.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

I've yet to play a 2K sports game to be outdone by a competitor. (well aside from MLB power Pros. but you'd have to get the PS2 version for that.)

Have you played previous 2K baseball games?

If not i'd rent both and see which you like.  Seems safter then trusting people on here.  Some will say MLB just to push a sony exclusive, some will say 2K because 2K has the most loyal fans.

MLB 08

is the best sports title to have ever been released period.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

All star Baseball 2000, is the greatest baseball game ever made..

MVP Baseball 2004 was awesome..

Kasz216 said:

I've yet to play a 2K sports game to be outdone by a competitor.

Last years hockey game comes to mind, the 2K one was filled with bugs and looks like an updated xbox game compared to the EA game.  The EA game also stepped up the gameplay compared to the 2K version.

Around the Network

MLB for me never did online tho in either

why does MLB still have baseball games even tho 2k series has exclusivity?

xstonexcold316x said:

Thats a good question. I'll probably rent both and see which i like better online. I want the one with the best gameplay.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

xstonexcold316x said:

The 2k contract only covers third party exclusivity rights.  Since The Show is a first party game, it isn't covered in the contract and Sony can still release it to its consoles.

I'd say MLB08, 2k has really been underwhelming as far as the "next-gen" is concerned but this new analog stick pitching may be pretty interesting. If EA still had rights for MLB games then I'd get MVP baseball since that was what i used to play.

Stockstar1138 said:
xstonexcold316x said:

The 2k contract only covers third party exclusivity rights. Since The Show is a first party game, it isn't covered in the contract and Sony can still release it to its consoles.

o thats wierd but ok cause i get to chose a baseball game instead of my Football games....