By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Which baseball game is better overall,MLB:The Show or Major League Baseball?

windbane said:
kingofwale said:
FreeTalkLive said:
The Show will likely be best on PS3, 2ks game will be best on 360, and Nintendo's new Mario Stadium will likely be best on Wii.

is Mario Stadium a Mario baseball game?

Well, there's a difference between a sim game and a arcadey game. It's like comparing Fifa/Winning Eleven to Mario Striker.

Is there a baseball sim on the Wii? I guess not since some nintendo people can't read the thread title and choose older baseball games apparently forgetting that old sports games don't hold up well. *sigh* The Show seems to be the choice this year. Sports games almost require you to look at the options every year instead of going with 1 dev all the time.

MLB Power Pros. It plays like a sim but doesn't have the graphics of one. Despite being a Wii+PS2 release it seems to have way better ingame physics then any of the current next gen sports games,. The only problems it has is an AI problem where the computer goes for the longball too much and you have to adjust the sliders to make the game harder.

Well that and it's franchise mode is a bit wonky.

Still thanks to the skill system it's players play more to real life and the franchise mode does have some options that can be seen as more realistic but are just a little too much indepth for me.  Like setting up training regimines every day, and players bonding and doing things like teaching each other the tricks to their pitches etc.

Around the Network

I've played both and MLB:The Show 08 is better in terms of throwing the ball and pitching (Its a whole lot easier than MLB 2K8).You have to use the analog stick to throw the corresponding base you aim for on the 2k8 version,while you push the corresponding button to throw the ball to a base(push O button to throw to first,push the triangle button for second base,etc.) on the mlb:the show version. MVP college baseball had the 2k8 control style and i hated it! Its almost impossible to throw accurately enough. Maybe they have an option to which way you want your controls set up.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell