By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV's World Is Freakin' Enormous

padib said:

I don't see it. I see the flying leviathan and the sliding in the castles as some very nice graphics. Most of what was CGI is now in game, the graphics are one of the things I look forward to most about this game, that and well the FF staple (summons, stats, magic, etc.)

I don't know, the lighting seems less natural to me and I just wish there were more variation in the materials ... 

Around the Network

And one other thing. Developers ripped "sasuke" character from naruto anime to create noctis. I am glad JRPG are in decline. Games like witcher 3 are real RPG. Not these cosplay games.

padib said:

Materials is physics though. I don't think that fits in the graphics category.

I don't see the problem with the lighting, could you post a pic of what you mean?

What I mean by "materials" is the way how an object would react to the lighting so it very much fits in the graphics category ...

By lighting I'm referring to the game's shading model ... One game's shading model maybe superior to the other in the aspect that it can make certain materials look more convincing such as skin, metals, brushed alluminum, wood or cloth and both killzone as well as infamous look like the handle isotropic materials way better than FFXV. 

Simply put a metal object from killzone will look more convincing than a metal object from FFXV ...

padib said:
daredevil.shark said:
And one other thing. Developers ripped "sasuke" character from naruto anime to create noctis. I am glad JRPG are in decline. Games like witcher 3 are real RPG. Not these cosplay games.

What makes Witcher a real RPG and FFXV not?

Noctis has black features and similar hair to sasuke but all similarities end there really. Cosplay comes from video games like FF7 originally so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Its hard to believe SE will change drastically for FF XV. FF XIII series was not an RPG. Just a linear game with poor story. Witcher / most of western RPG games has variety and non linear story. Its pre - mature to comment about FF XV but given their past record this wont be much different (at the end of the they they are square enix). And this is why I will never understand appeal for these linear JRPGs.

For the people complaining that the game looks boring, the producer said that they remove enemies, NPC, events, etc. on purpose. This trailer is ONLY to showcase the open-world feature of the game.

Around the Network
padib said:

Did you consider FFX linear? It had corridors too. Sure it was a Square and not a SE game, but that's not really relevant. Let's look at the games themselves.

You need to remember that there's more to linearity than just the map layout. The way you level up your characters can be totally non-linear, such as in the sphere grid. I didn't play FFXIII because the characters and world didn't look interesting to me and maybe I missed out so I may pick it up still.

Thing is, this game is open world. Odds are that you will be able to visit worlds in mostly whatever order you wish and even skip some. How is that linear?

This time they removed the corridor and put a big world in fornt of us. But thats it. There are no side quests in this huge map. It feels emptly. At the end of the day I will be crossing this big world like a linear map.

One other thing. Characters movement seems like they are dancing like a 13 year old girl. These developers need to learn something from western developers.

Plus when it comes to imagination of various animals they lack creativity. This creature looks like a pig head was set in the body of a dinosaur.

daredevil.shark said:
padib said:

Did you consider FFX linear? It had corridors too. Sure it was a Square and not a SE game, but that's not really relevant. Let's look at the games themselves.

You need to remember that there's more to linearity than just the map layout. The way you level up your characters can be totally non-linear, such as in the sphere grid. I didn't play FFXIII because the characters and world didn't look interesting to me and maybe I missed out so I may pick it up still.

Thing is, this game is open world. Odds are that you will be able to visit worlds in mostly whatever order you wish and even skip some. How is that linear?

This time they removed the corridor and put a big world in fornt of us. But thats it. There are no side quests in this huge map. It feels emptly. At the end of the day I will be crossing this big world like a linear map.

One other thing. Characters movement seems like they are dancing like a 13 year old girl. These developers need to learn something from western developers.

How do you know there won't be any side-quests on the map?  Like I said before, SE removed side-quest, events, enemies, and NPCs on purpose because this trailer was only to showcase the open-world of FF XV.

daredevil.shark said:
padib said:

Like forgettable OSTs?  :P

Well we all have our tastes and stuff, but like a few others mentioned in this thread Tabata left out the content in the areas of the game.  I'm guessing  probably to showcase specific things like the Day Night cycle.  Tabata seems to be a tease, just very, very gradually giving us information about the game.

Lube Me Up

padib said:

@bold. But how in the world did you come to that conclusion?

Character movements may be lacking but the game comes out in a year and a half. With the fiend variety in FF we can almost be certain the ennemies will move in interesting ways: lizards, fish, dragons, bosses. I'm not sure why you're so pessimistic about it.

Its not "may be lacking" its the big flaw.