By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV's World Is Freakin' Enormous

I for one was impressed, I think this "walk through" was just to give us an aspect of how big the world is, and it was huge given that single location; they knowingly didn't engage any monster or explore that cabin(and maybe other small location)

this really just increased my hype meter!! hopefully we get this early 2016

Around the Network

Keeping my hype levels secure, no way am I going down that route again...

BraLoD said:
irstupid said:
Wow that was boring.

Sure great open worlds are great and all, but there has to be something to do. It looks like its just one giant area to kill random monsters. Where are the side quests, a hut with a person in it that gives out quests, or something.

Just reminds me of FF13 when you reached a point in the game where it was a giant open world finally yet absolutely NOTHING to do, but just kill for xp and loot. completely pointless.

If I remember correctly, Grand Pulse had 50 quests there to be done and that plain had the most of them. FAR from "NOTHING".

But I'm sure you did them all...

He said there was nothing to do but kill for xp and loot and essentially thats what all the quests were about in Gran Pulse, hunt this monster down and find this

A must buy for me.

BraLoD said:
oniyide said:
BraLoD said:
irstupid said:
Wow that was boring.

Sure great open worlds are great and all, but there has to be something to do. It looks like its just one giant area to kill random monsters. Where are the side quests, a hut with a person in it that gives out quests, or something.

Just reminds me of FF13 when you reached a point in the game where it was a giant open world finally yet absolutely NOTHING to do, but just kill for xp and loot. completely pointless.

If I remember correctly, Grand Pulse had 50 quests there to be done and that plain had the most of them. FAR from "NOTHING".

But I'm sure you did them all...

He said there was nothing to do but kill for xp and loot and essentially thats what all the quests were about in Gran Pulse, hunt this monster down and find this

It was a wild plain... what would have to do aside from hunting the monsters that infested there and searching for things?
FF13 was really linear but at least there had challenges to do.

But that wasnt even your initial point. BraLod just said there was nothing to do but kill monsters and he wasnt wrong. To say you go around killing monsters (something you spent doing mostly the entire time up to that point in the game) is a "challenge" is a very loose term. As for what were you supposed to do? I dont know didnt seem like the past FF games had that problem

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
BraLoD said:

I was thinking the same... have they already spoken of it?

Maybe they can just form one new car as they can do with swords when they feel like it (Yeah... no xD).

I'm pretty sure that back when the game was called FF Versus XIII you could call in an airship and use it to fast travel to various locations within the open world. If that's still in the game I guess you can call in an airship and fast travel to a garage where you can spawn a new car? Or maybe you can send a message to the car and it'll autopilot itself to the closest accessible location? 

Do they have a AAA for the car?

Ljink96 said:
Looks great, doesn't look fun. That's just TOO much walking, and I'm not even the one doing it. Even that one dude got tired 2 minutes into the walk!!!

they just didn't use the vehicles or chocobos, because they don't want to show them off at this point apart from the car they already showed before and that one probably is useless off-road

Rather bland World to explore based on what we've seen. It's big, but surprisingly uninteresting.... expect invisible walls as well.

BraLoD said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dude...thats huge. One question though.....

HOW THE **** DO THEY GET BACK TO THE CAR!?

I was thinking the same... have they already spoken of it?

Maybe they can just form one new car as they can do with swords when they feel like it (Yeah... no xD).

Hopefully the is transported to you if you fast travel or something. Sounds cool. Good thing its a JRPG or else I would feel awkward with that happening. Hopefully this game changes the way Japanese developers approach JRPG's.

I like the art but I'm not technically impressed ...

For now my impressions are meh ...