By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XV's World Is Freakin' Enormous

Immersiveunreality said:
daredevil.shark said:
And one other thing. Developers ripped "sasuke" character from naruto anime to create noctis. I am glad JRPG are in decline. Games like witcher 3 are real RPG. Not these cosplay games.

Yes god forbid different kind of rpgs,only one kind can be the savior and just damn the players that love the lesser kind . :P

Really just tell us you dont like jrpgs and keep it at that.You can be oppinionated without generalising and ignoring facts. :)

Well, now you mentioned it. I find it amazing how someone can be wrong about everything he says. FF is not in decline. XIII is the 4th best selling in the franchise. XIII alone sold more than the Witcher series.

Also, XV really shares many qualities with the Witcher but he praise one and absolutely hate the other. Why? Because the game "culture" is different than his.... And probably he doesn't look as good as Noctis

Notice how he talked about Noctis clothes, haircut and the way he walks . I don't know what that is if not obsession

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
ParryWinkle said:
Looks like a 2D FF world came to life but bigger and more things to do. The visuals look absolutely stunning and the combat looks very interesting. So damn hyped

Comparison between FFV monster spirtes and FFXV monster models makes me agree with you. Fun fact, Nomura was monster designer on FFV.

Looks like they're bringing back older FF models such as the goblins from FFI and the elephants(forgot what they're called) from IV (or was it V)? Absolutely nothing wrong with that but I'm hoping there will be new and different enemies. 

BraLoD said:
The hype is still strong around here? xD

The hype is intensifies :D

Immersiveunreality said:
daredevil.shark said:
And one other thing. Developers ripped "sasuke" character from naruto anime to create noctis. I am glad JRPG are in decline. Games like witcher 3 are real RPG. Not these cosplay games.

Yes god forbid different kind of rpgs,only one kind can be the savior and just damn the players that love the lesser kind . :P

Really just tell us you dont like jrpgs and keep it at that.You can be oppinionated without generalising and ignoring facts. :)

Well it would be different if the games is about Naruto action JRPG lol  XD, i bet he would supported like crazy look at his avatar lol.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
daredevil.shark said:
This game doesnt excite me. I was watching another open world demo of FF XV. A guy wearing "modern / city" dress / cosplaying and running like a mercenary looks out of place. It doesnt feel right. I dont know what is special in this game that is making people crazy.

The main complaint in the previous final fantasy(s), FFXIII was that it was too linear. This is the exact opposite of linear. That is why hypes people up for the game. Not to mention the sudden increase in gameplay videos of a game thought to be in dev hell, is also making people excited.

Also, they look out of place, cause they really don't have any buisness being out in the wilderness, then again older final fantasy had a lot of wilderness exploration like FFX

People don't really care about linearity, they just want to complain about things.

Edit: Yep, kept reading. People just like complaining.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
daredevil.shark said:
This game doesnt excite me. I was watching another open world demo of FF XV. A guy wearing "modern / city" dress / cosplaying and running like a mercenary looks out of place. It doesnt feel right. I dont know what is special in this game that is making people crazy.

The main complaint in the previous final fantasy(s), FFXIII was that it was too linear. This is the exact opposite of linear. That is why hypes people up for the game. Not to mention the sudden increase in gameplay videos of a game thought to be in dev hell, is also making people excited.

Also, they look out of place, cause they really don't have any buisness being out in the wilderness, then again older final fantasy had a lot of wilderness exploration like FFX

People don't really care about linearity, they just want to complain about things.

people or I say human is a creature who like to complain even outside of video games XD.

ParryWinkle said:
RenCutypoison said:

Comparison between FFV monster spirtes and FFXV monster models makes me agree with you. Fun fact, Nomura was monster designer on FFV.

Looks like they're bringing back older FF models such as the goblins from FFI and the elephants(forgot what they're called) from IV (or was it V)? Absolutely nothing wrong with that but I'm hoping there will be new and different enemies. 

Well, from 50 pixels to hundreds of thousand of polygons, that's almost new. I don't think there will be many new ennemies, like on every FF ever.

What's fun is that from 16 bits to our ultra realism era theyb kept the same color palettes, giving a really colorful aspect to the mobs, thus bringing classic fantasy in a urban contemporary world.

HollyGamer said:
outlawauron said:

people or I say human is a creature who like to complain even outside of video games XD.

Everything has it's flaws.

bigtakilla said:
HollyGamer said:
outlawauron said:

Everything has it's flaws.

Yup agree with u, so that's why we keep geting better and better, and tomorow should be an improvement of today. :)

Ljink96 said:
Looks great, doesn't look fun. That's just TOO much walking, and I'm not even the one doing it. Even that one dude got tired 2 minutes into the walk!!!

Thats why they have a car :p

But literally the whole point of that video (which is even supposed even supposed to be seen by the public) is just to demostrate the scale of the game , the day/night cycle and its engine. I'm sure if they wanted to sell you on its ''fun'', they would have included some meaty gameplay content. If you're familiar with a JRPGs you'll know that theres more to this game then running about in fields, avoiding conflict with stray animals lol.