By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which will occur first? X1 pass WiiU or Ps4 50% marketshare?

Which will happen First?

X1 pass WiiU 70 24.56%

Ps4 attain 50% marketshare 161 56.49%

Gran Turismo 7 4 1.40%

The Last Guardian 11 3.86%

The Agent 1 0.35%

Sony fills bankrupcy 38 13.33%

Total:285

Roughly estimating from VGC and MS/Nintendo earning reports

End of September X1 had 6M, WiiU had 7M and Ps4 had 12M (rounded numbers). Meaning X1-WiiU gap to be 1M and Ps4 1M shy of 50% share.

At the end of October the numbers will likely be X1 around 6,6M (supposing good month pre-holidays), WiiU 7,2M (still bellow 50k weekly) and Ps4 at 13,2M (the behemot seems to always outsell our expectatives). Meaning that gaps are 600k.

Which do you think will be first and when will It happen?

I would guess november for X1 around 1M, for WiiU 500k and Ps4 above 2M. So if they don't hit it by Black Friday they may be both 100k short of it and I think both may happen around same week and before December 15th.

End of year max numbers expected WiiU 9M, X110-11M and Ps4 18-20M.

Give yours predictions.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

If both situations happen, XBOne > Wii U.

If just one of those situations happen, then that situation comes first :P

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

X1 improved sales will make things harder for ps4 while WiiU don't put resistence

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Expecting the market share to shrink or at least stay where it is this holiday, so X1 passing the Wii U is pretty much bound to happen earlier.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

PS4 won't get 50% till next year sometime as it will go back to its usual slaughter after the holidays. I expect WiiU to unfortunately be in the basement come December.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

I never knew you could "fill" up bankruptcy xD

PS4 will never attain 50 % marketshare, PS4 can barely tie X1 in the US and UK.

TheDrill said:

based on what?  

Serious question here, I'd like to see what sales numbers you are using to make this assumption.  

TheDrill said:

Wait what? How is out selling the XB1 close to 2:1(US) and outselling it int he UK considered barley a tie with the XB1? Drill you are a cool poster but your posts never make sense or you use come calculations that only work in your favor.

OT:

The XB1 will pass the Wii U that's what I think will happen first. IF the PS4 ever does get 50% market share it won't be until sometimes next year around summer or fall IMO.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheDrill said:

LoL wut? 1 million gap in USA says otherwise...