By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU Overtracked, 300k+, Xbox One-Wii U gap down to 550k?

torok said:
eyeofcore said:

Brazil + Mexico video game market are worth 2.4B$ together which is 10% of US market, Wii U is apparently most popular 8th gen console in SA(specially Brazil)... So in Americas as of 30th September there could be 3,324M Wii U's sold so 110K stock/ on the shelves...

As a Brazilian, it is nowhere near true. Almost nobody has a Wii U here. The X1 is in all stores and the PS4 is selling a lot. Wii U is as expensive as a X1 here. PS4 was launched as the most expensive, but retailers are discounting it and selling for the price of the X1 and it's quite easy to find one cheaper.

I'm not that sure if the X1 or PS4 is the number 1 here, but it's quite easy to see that the Wii U is not popular. The lack of Fifa 15 on the Wii U will kill it. Everybody here wants Fifa or PES and nobody wants a console that doesn't have it.

Which region do you live? Because where i live this exactly the opposite. Nintendo fanbase is very strong here and casuals are loving the fact that wii u is backwards compatible (they can reuse their wii remotes and other accessories)

HINT: I live in one of the most big cities of Brasil

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:
If we can just get it over with so that the MS and Sony fans can duke it out against each other so we just can enjoy our Wii U's in peace.

Duke over what exactly, it's not like you can chalk up a 6m difference to undertrack/overtrack, lol

160rmf said:

Wich region do you live? Because where i live this exactly the opposite. Nintendo fanbase is very strong here and casuals are loving the fact that wii u is backwards compatible

HINT: I live in one of the most big cities of Brasil

In Rio. I don't see a lot of retail presence for the Wii U too. I think Fifa killed it.

Smear-Gel said:

I guess. I guess it's just this on top of the Xbone over then undertracking (or vice versa) and PS4's massive ""so is it 10 million?"" debate, everything just seems always wrong now.

In the end, people should never brag about VGC numbers before any adjustment. Of course, unless the difference is big enough to make all the bragging safe.

torok said:
160rmf said:

Wich region do you live? Because where i live this exactly the opposite. Nintendo fanbase is very strong here and casuals are loving the fact that wii u is backwards compatible

HINT: I live in one of the big cities of Brasil

In Rio. I don't see a lot of retail presence for the Wii U too. I think Fifa killed it.

Maybe you don't look in the right place. Near where i live there's a dedicated video game store, they have a lot of content for wii u, they have display so people can try a wii u game demo and aways when i come to buy something they have the wii u sold out (and they order a lot).

I live in Rio too

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

I thought it sold 7.29 mil. not shipped, literally every site I've visited said the sales numbers are now 7.29 mil. and it does not mention shipping numbers. Can someone point me in the right direction, I'm lost...

thegamerpad said:
Seece said:

VGC has the Wii U at 7.34m as of October 4th compared to 7.29m shipped at the end of September. This mean we have sold > shipped 50k.

Overtracked at least 300k. If not more.

As I suspected, looking at Nintendo shipping info it's Europe that is overtracked.

VGC has end of September

XB1 sold 5.75m Vs 7.3 - 7.5m shipped
WiiU sold 7.34m Vs 7.39m shippped

Obviously one figure is overtracked and one under!

The gap end of September is likely around 800k, leaving 1.1m - 1.3m XB1's on shelves, and 300k WiiU's on shelves.

Factor in the rest of Oct 4th sales, Oct 11th and Oct 18th (230k in total) and that 800k gap decreases to 570k.

Who cares how many systems are sitting on the shelf unsold?   Why not account for manufactured systems then and count whatever is sitting in Microsoft's warehouse too?  What does this even matter, there is still a gap, XB1 has still sold less than it was expected, it's still not making the money that was expected, it's still struggling.  So is the Wii U.   How about you point out that the XB1 has outsold the Ouya.

I suggest you go to the front page, read out the name of the website and have a think about what we discuss here. I don't care if you don't like the thread, everything you said is irrelevent to this topic.

Look only Sony hardware is undertracked here.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

160rmf said:

Maybe you don't look in the right place. Near where i live there's a dedicated video game store, they have a lot of content for wii u, they have display so people can try a wii u game demo and aways when i come to buy something they have the wii u sold out (and they order a lot).

I live in Rio too

I usually take a look at the Saraiva in Niterói. They too have dedicated stands for all consoles, except PS4 (let's face it, everybody that wants one will buy in the gray market, probably at Av. Rio Branco). They have some games for PS4, more for the Wii U and the largest stand is for X1. They have a PS3 (yes, PS3), X1 and Wii U available to play. X1 was with EA UFC, then Fifa after some time. Wii U was with MK8, but in the last time I checked it was Hyrule Warriors.

In the same mall there is an Americanas. There they have a massive wall of X1's, not a single PS4 and some Wii Us. Both X1 and Wii U are available to play. X1 was with Dead Rising when I checked and Wii U had DKTF.

Talking about retail availability in large stores, X1 has more than the others combined. In gray market areas, probably PS4 with X1 in second, at least from my experience.

Every news article I read says the Wii U sold 7.29M not shipped 7.29M, so why is everyone saying the Wii U is overtracked by 300k+? If Vgchartz is to be believed then the Wii U is only about 50-60k overtracked.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.