By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Sony Respond to XB1 Pricecut?

Will Sony Drop PS4 to 349?

No, they will let it ride a 399 164 39.42%

Yes 63 15.14%

No, but they will offer other incentives 189 45.43%

Total:416

What reason does Sony have to respond to the MS price cut? I mean they are EASILY beating them with the PS4 at full price and MS has thrown LOTS of promotions that have been VERY close to this out all year. And still have not beaten them a single week. So IMO no Sony will not respond to this. They will just offer the usual Holiday deals which is fine. They don't need to respond this at all...

And to the guy that stated that the momentum has shifted in the favor of MS how did you come up with that? O_o????

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

if the want to respond, they have to hurry.
cod realse is in just one week

if they want to respond with bundles, its already to late. (if they not planed them before right now)
they cant produce and ship bundles within 3 weeks. holiday gtaV bundles are already annouced for europe

i see them doing nice black friday and december deals.
399 destiny / lbp bundle
349 standalone sku, or a free game

Seece said:
iTechHeads said:
Seece said:
Bargin bin ... dear lord. $400 to $350 a year after launch is not bargin bin, and I hardly see this hurting MS/XB1 ...

They're devaluing their product by doing constant price cuts and free game giveaways.

A product that is popular and selling well doesn't have price cuts and free game promotions every month. It doesn't need them.

BTW, the Xbox One launched at $500, not $400.

New sku minus kinect, not price cut. Big difference. If I was in the market for an XB1 today I would have to pay $450, that's only $50 less than what I got it at launch. (Because I would want Kinect model).

They're not devaluing, they're becoming competitive. And they're doing it to beat PS4, not because it's selling badly (not that I think it's selling fantastically either).

Some incredible reaching going on in this thread.

So the logic here then, is if they remove something, then it isn't a price-cut?

So when sony did the ps3 redesign and took out a bunch of stuff like backwards compatibility, that wasn't a price-cut? I'm trying to think now if ps3 ever had a price-cut now.

A price cut of an extremely popular item will have the opposite effect in that it will drive people to their competitor since consumers will not be able to find the PS4 at the discounted price. Sony will have a supply/demand problem and that will only work in Microsoft's favor. They will keep the price at $399. The PS4 is the market leader and will dictate price terms on its own internal findings, not noise from others.

theprof00 said:

So when sony did the ps3 redesign and took out a bunch of stuff like backwards compatibility, that wasn't a price-cut? I'm trying to think now if ps3 ever had a price-cut now.

I have always viewed it this way:

Offering the same product for less is a price cut.  Offering the same product but with less and for less is damage control and an attempt to obtain userbase.

Around the Network
todd2r said:
There's really nothing they can do at this point. The momentum has swung in Xbox favor. They dont have the games to make any noise. Xbox One offers the best in console gaming. The best holiday lineup and the superior online service to connect with friends. Thank you Microsoft.

Doesn't this imply the X1 is outselling the PS4? Or is at least even close to doing so? :p

The X1's sales have certainly improved since those awful few months during the 1st half of the year, but the PS4 is doing just as well as always.

theprof00 said:
Seece said:
iTechHeads said:
Seece said:
Bargin bin ... dear lord. $400 to $350 a year after launch is not bargin bin, and I hardly see this hurting MS/XB1 ...

They're devaluing their product by doing constant price cuts and free game giveaways.

A product that is popular and selling well doesn't have price cuts and free game promotions every month. It doesn't need them.

New sku minus kinect, not price cut. Big difference. If I was in the market for an XB1 today I would have to pay $450, that's only $50 less than what I got it at launch. (Because I would want Kinect model).

They're not devaluing, they're becoming competitive. And they're doing it to beat PS4, not because it's selling badly (not that I think it's selling fantastically either).

u should compare to the x360 core, arcade, pro and elite version

if u got a 349 bucks 250gb elite version
release a 199 bucks 8gb arcade edition and cut the elite to 299

do u have a 150 bucks pricecut?

Burek said:
No pricecuts.
PS4 is doing great in the US, but also in the rest of the World. A hasty pricecut in the US would just make the others expect it when there is no actual need.

I see them offering their bundles (Destiny, GTA, LBP and any others) for $399. That should be quite enough to win November in the US. RoW is no contest anyway...

Also the Holiday Victory will be even jucier without a pricecut :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Only if MS succeeds with xb1 pricecut they will drop the price. But I don't think there's too much to worry about since PS4 will also have interesting bundles and some retailers also offer some neat discounts.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
prinz_valium said:
theprof00 said:
Seece said:
iTechHeads said:
Seece said:

u should compare to the x360 core, arcade, pro and elite version

if u got a 349 bucks 250gb elite version
release a 199 bucks 8gb arcade edition and cut the elite to 299

do u have a 150 bucks pricecut?

Short answer is no.