By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amiibo just recieved a massive downgrade in quality

What's your opinion about Amiibo

Great feature I'm going ... 34 34.34%

I'm going to buy Mario/L... 16 16.16%

I liked and wanted an Ami... 6 6.06%

Meh seeing this downgrade... 10 10.10%

I didn;t want one in the first place 14 14.14%

Nintendomanagers are a bu... 4 4.04%

See results and not cool ninty 15 15.15%

Total:99
prayformojo said:
I really don't understand why grown men buy toys. I'm not even being sarcastic or snarky either. I really, REALLY don't get it.

*shrugs*

***"I really don't understand why grown men discuss videogames on a message board. I'm not even being sarcastic or snarky either. I really, REALLY don't get it.

*shrugs*"***

Dont worry, there are people out there thinking you are a grade "A" weirdo and a loser too, but I bet you dont care.... right? :p

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
I really don't understand why grown men buy toys. I'm not even being sarcastic or snarky either. I really, REALLY don't get it.

*shrugs*

Why do kids buy toys, man?

Swords look fucking garbage.

ktay95 said:
Firstly, this thread has been done many times and is likely to be locked.
Secondly, I would prefer they just made NFC coins now -_-

Coins I coud get down with, especially since their functionality is so limited, but apparently miyamoto said he's looking into doing cards, that would be great as well.

phaedruss said:
ktay95 said:
Firstly, this thread has been done many times and is likely to be locked.
Secondly, I would prefer they just made NFC coins now -_-

Coins I coud get down with, especially since their functionality is so limited, but apparently miyamoto said he's looking into doing cards, that would be great as well.

Yeah I was so stoked to hear about the cards, would be much better than these figures

Around the Network

Because these things are going to be so popular, they have to mass produce them. There is just no way to get great quality if you plan on producing these things as fast as Nintendo is.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Again,.. Yall are still overacting... Its about the lighting and etc, that made the E3 looks good. Youll just need to realize it.. -__-"

Wasn't that clear? Your Big Mac also looks nothing like those shiny PR shots. It's normal. High Quality Statues are expensive, because you have to make them by Hand. I paid 599 € for a Lara Croft Statue some years ago. 15 €? That's Peanuts. It's literally the lowest price you will see for such things. And considering that Price Tag, they look quite alright. Of course, Quality of the materials is also important. But I can't judge that by a picture alone. But after all, Amiibos aren't collectors items. They are meant for kids who play with them. Extremely high quality would be a waste in this case.

I'm not buying them anyway, because I don't have a Wii U and barely use my 3DS.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

prayformojo said:

*shrugs*

They're cute. I have one of these among others.

Also, pictures don't always do a figure justice: I've purchased figures in the past where the actual product didn't look as good as it does in person. I'll need to get a good look at one of these figures before deciding on buying one.