By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amiibo just recieved a massive downgrade in quality

What's your opinion about Amiibo

Great feature I'm going ... 34 34.34%

I'm going to buy Mario/L... 16 16.16%

I liked and wanted an Ami... 6 6.06%

Meh seeing this downgrade... 10 10.10%

I didn;t want one in the first place 14 14.14%

Nintendomanagers are a bu... 4 4.04%

See results and not cool ninty 15 15.15%

Total:99
Deeds said:

Dont worry, these are version 1.0 amiibos that are used to test their feasability in the market. If the amiibos take off and become popular we will see amiibos looking like this

No we won't. Who amiibos are being marketed at will not spend more than $80 on them.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
I really don't understand why grown men buy toys. I'm not even being sarcastic or snarky either. I really, REALLY don't get it.

*shrugs*

A lot of people consider video games as a toy. So, why are you buying toys?

*tiny downgrade

outlawauron said:
prayformojo said:
I really don't understand why grown men buy toys. I'm not even being sarcastic or snarky either. I really, REALLY don't get it.

*shrugs*

A lot of people consider video games as a toy. So, why are you buying toys?

I was just about to say the same thing except that video games are 100% toys.  Some teenagers/20 year olds will fight this to the death but video games are toys. 

I will have to see it in person before I decide. I'd actually prefer a high end model like the ones displayed originally. I'd pay more for it if it was higher quality.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

No we won't. Who amiibos are being marketed at will not spend more than $80 on them.

I think if successful, Nintendo will create 2 sets of Amiibos, a more expensive variant (somewhat like what I posted) and the cheaper regular ones like they are releasing soon. Think of it like the two sets of 3Dses we have now.

Deeds said:
outlawauron said:

I think if successful, Nintendo will create 2 sets of Amiibos, a more expensive variant (somewhat like what I posted) and the cheaper regular ones like they are releasing soon. Think of it like the two sets of 3Dses we have now.

They may release a premium version, but keep in mind that $80 is very cheap for a 1/8th figure. Let alone something that Nintendo will mark up.

Deeds said:

Wait, does she have puppies for hands?

Aren't these old pics of previous amiibo figures. I read an article stating the exact opposite of this thread. Me is confus-ed.

cheshirescat said:
Deeds said:

-snip-

Wait, does she have puppies for hands?

She's supposed to be Cerberus. The artist did the other two heads as dog heads on her hands.