By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Bayonetta 2 doing better than expected in America

Skidonti said:
Mystro-Sama said:
KyleeStrutt said:
Its hard to find because retailers barely ordered copies to cover preorders, not because its selling out like crazy.

Wow, you must be fun at parties.

Are videogame sales a topic you bring up at your parties?

I think he means that if the numbers ordered are beeing sold out it means it is selling like crazy for what it was predicted to. You managed to see only the negative in that. Therefore, probably not the perkiest of fellows in a party. ;)

Around the Network

It is out of stock at most retailers in Brazil. At least I pre-ordered mine and it should arrive today.

How long till retailers get their next shipment?

kinisking said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=2b24,28-xu0

gamestop best selling, page 2, Bayo 2

Hate to sound like a douche state the obvious. But cod and halo two of the most popular gaming franchises of the past decade are ahead of it. Neither are out yet. 

Fixed that for you there.

There´s something wrong, definetely, with Bayonetta 2 shipments.

It´s almost impossible to find it in my country. Only one main retailer has it. And none of the thousand videogame import shops in São Paulo has it. They say the game will only be available here in two or three weeks. Argh!

Around the Network
MANUELF said:

I have heard many reports of the game being hard to find in the US and here in Mexico is pretty much impossible to find because the majority of stores didnt get any shipment of the game, could this mean good things for the game?

Sorry but whenever a store doesnt get any copies of a game it is most definitely not a good sign.  This isnt hardware but software. I could find plenty of gta copies on day one even though it sold gangbusters. It all boils down to how much the publisher decides to produce based on preorders and other info.  One of two things is happening.  Either they made very little copies or the stores havent seen any interest for it and therefore decided not to buy any. Which of the two evils do you want? 

I think it's a combination of the game selling well and retail stores not ordering enough copies.

Regardless, the game is awesome and should be a shoe-in for GOTY.

The funny thing is, in Hungary most retailer has sold out on Bayonetta 2 before the game was released! I'm glad i preordered it... freaking national holiday pushed the release date to tomorrow though -.- I think it will do okay sales wise. The guys at the shop were surprised that there were 3 preorders for the game! That's a LOT for a Nintendo game in Szeged, they said.

I think it means that retailers did not spell to sell many copies so they didn't order many. But hey, if those are selling out then that's good, i suppose.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I'm going to have to side with the pessimists on this one.

Most retail stores are NOT expecting great sales from ANY Wii U game, so they hardly order any copies at all.