By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would be the better move for Nintendo with the Wii U, temporary price cut or use the money on a huge advertisement campaign

So what should they do?

Price cut!!!!! 100 33.67%

Advertisement!!! 197 66.33%

Total:297

Reasonable answer: Advertising makes the most sense, they've got some pretty awesome games (Bayo, Smash, Mario Kart, Wind-Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Zelda U, Devil's Third, 3D World, etc).

Crazy Fanboy Up At 3AM Answer: THEY SHOULD BUILD A GIANT LASER CANNON AND CARVE MARIO'S FACE OUT OF THE MOON, THEN DRAG IT INTO A DECAYING ORBIT WHICH THEY WILL ONLY REVERSE IF AND WHEN ALL NONTENDO ABOMINATIONS ARE ERADICATED! IF IT TAKES THE END OF DAYS TO MAKE HUMANITY REPENT THEN SO BE IT!!!

Around the Network

Advertise!!

Smash, Bayo, MK8... Who cares, just advertise!!

Advertisement is everything these days and Nintendo hasn't caught onto that yet. There's no reason Bayonetta should do so poorly considering the praise, the controversy, and the flat out entertainment. Then there's also MK8, Smash, HW, W101, WWHD, SM3DW, and DKCTF. If Sony were trying to sell you those games they'd be rammed down our throats until all of them were 1mil fw. Until Nintendo lets NoA go balls to the wall with advertising they'll never get back to the upper echelons of gaming sales.

Also, if you want a "good" controller, get the Wii U Pro Controller. The thing is f*cking amazing. The only complaint is that the front has that smooth shiny plastic that shows off the fingerprints.

Why are people saying advertisement when everyone knows about Nintendo's games? They release the same games every generation.So there is no secret about Smash Bros,MK and Zelda.You know exactly what you are going to get game wise with Nintendo.The hardware is not appealing and neither is the controller.No amount of ads will change that.

None of the Above...

Pack it w/o the Gamepad, but have options to buy it with or without, and maybe sell the gamepad separately if the customer decide to buy it later.

Around the Network

Games! And lots of them.

But out of those 2 options... hmm..... tough call.
Marketing will get the console more recognition but not necessarily more sales, while price cut will tempt sales but wont help the console be known to the masses.

Ill have to say advertising. Works for Ubisoft, and they make crap games most of the time.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

buy the superbowl halftime for a smash lifestream...

Make adverts for the new 3ds instead which would be more bang for bug anyway and let the WII U die, make sure you make enough games for the current owners till the next console though, otherwise you'll lose them for the next gen, which would be sad.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I think a price cut wouldn't help sales much, and that would make the holiday season much less profitable.

Advertising will be important, especially with Smash Bros Wii U and Amiibos coming.

If I have to pick one it would have to be advertising. I see ads for the PS4 and Xbox One all of the time. Advertising a $50 price cut with the current big games available might help as well. It's just a thought.