By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would be the better move for Nintendo with the Wii U, temporary price cut or use the money on a huge advertisement campaign

So what should they do?

Price cut!!!!! 100 33.67%

Advertisement!!! 197 66.33%

Total:297

Stop trying with it. End it. Kill it. Forget about it. Blow all of them up.

Choose any of the above options. (And then use the money saved for a better future.)

Around the Network

Lol as usual the same wii u bashers are here lol in a wii u article .....but to answer the question advertisement .....they have to advertise more to show the great first and second party software that they have to get people to notice that this is a great piece of hardware ....and I own all three systems no fanboy here ....A true gamer

I don't like any of those plans, I think there is a third option that can live together with the advertisement one.

RELEASE A DELUXE EDITION WITH JUST NINTENDO LAND FOR 250 U$, is not a price cut because they will still have the 300 bundle with Nintendo land AND Super Mario 3D World, and the price of that second game is around 55 U$ anyway.

Then advertise the hell out of it.

Price cut should happen late next year. Not now.

MEGAHUGE advertisement of the actual system. Amiibo. Smash, and already released +upcoming games. (WIth a huge U everytime they say Wii U.)

ON FREAKING TV!!

Nintendo....

They need to try selling the console at $200 price point to see if they really have to change strategy.

Around the Network

Pricecut.

Unlike sony and MS I don't think Nintendo has a huge market to sell to. They've got Mario Kart 8 and Smash, neither game needs much introduction, just make it cheap enough to entice people into buying a system for those 2 games. Marketing will be relevant when they've got more system sellers under their belt.

Advertising. Not enough people even know about the Wii U for a price cut to be effective.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Advertizing, if people don't know of the existence of the console, or are still confuse about it, a temporary price cut is not going to do much.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

For what you get with a Wii U, the price is more than fair. They need to make good advertisements for their games. I miss the old Nintendo when they had creative ads. The Mario Kart DS and Zelda: A link to the past commercials are novel and very hard to forget.

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:
I'll go one better, spend it on getting third party ports. It won't do anything for sales but it'll get them on a long road to recovery.

Setting a precedent that they are going to pay only means that they will have to pay in the future too. That's not recovery, but rather digging a deeper hole.

Yeah but they will, and if they stand any chance of having a successful home system again they need to fight MS and Sony at their own game.

There is no more lightning in a bottle scenarios for Nintendo Rol, Wii was a once in a lifetime thing.